Thursday, October 13, 2011

Rio Vista, Oh My Nista!

Another day in Phoenix and some more water.  Here we are at a pretty cool splash pad called Rio Vista. The kids got right into it.


I thought this was just a tad hilarious.  I am not sure the designers of this turtle fountain quite thought this one out.  Or maybe it is just my child.


Even us moms got a little wet.




Caught me from behind.  In my defense they are those random squirting fountains that come up out of the ground at the most inopportune times.


We attempted AGAIN to get these three together and smiling at the same time.  We also asked them to FOLD their arms...at a splash pad, in the middle of playing. :)  Who are we?

If  was to put captions on this picture they would all be saying or thinking this......

Talmage: While praying, "Please let this be over soon so I can get back to playing".  Brynlee: "Seriously?". Zane: "What is it with all the group pictures? Come on already."
Talmage: While peeking from his prayer, "Are they done yet?" Brynlee: "All right, if I want a good shot I guess I should smile." Zane: "Okay fine...Cheese!"

Talmage: "I prayed, didn't get the answer I wanted, and now I am just mad."  Brynlee: "Talmage, did you know when you smile, you release endorphins that make you happy...you should try it." Zane: "Um.....can I go play?  I have been smiling for a while now and my cheeks are starting to hurt."

We finally let them play again.
Don't you love that little belly?


When we decided the kids were waterlogged enough...


We moved over to the playground.



Tal wasn't done with the water yet.


I kind of love the water droplets in this one and his rosy cheeks.


Running away from mom as usual, but I finally caught up to him.


He got a good beating.  (okay really a tickling)






Still more interested in the water.  His face in this picture is something new he learned.  He loves to round his mouth into a big O and flip his head from side to side while saying, uh, oh, uh, oh, uh, oh.


Brynlee did this really funny slurping sounding thing with her cheeks.  It was hilarious.


I HAD to include some close ups of these absolutely BEAUTIFUL children (well in my opinion at least).




1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! Great pics. I can't believe how big Talmage is getting! He looks like he has long arms and legs. You look great, too!

    ReplyDelete