Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hunting, Swimming, Dumping, Cutting

{This post has four parts, hence the large quantity of photos.  I personally think they are all worth posting, especially since this blog is going to be turned into our family photo album anyways.} 

Monticello just kept getting better for us, since Cody and I were officially done with applications, we could relax a bit more and just have fun.  

I loved this photo of Tony and Talmage.  He kept going over and licking Tony's creamy.  I am not sure why either of them are making those faces.    


Fun Part 1
Hunting

So the fun begins!  If you haven't ever driven a four wheeler, or any type of off road vehicle for that matter, I highly recommend you do so soon.  I grew up driving snowmobiles and four wheelers at an early age. Cody growing up in Monticello and working on his Grandad's land also has driven many different types.  They are a blast.  


The boys wanted to go on a rodent hunt and they shot some. Cody even got a small bird by accident.  The number of fingers they are holding up is the number of kills they had. 


These Pehrson boys, I tell ya, have good aim.  Even their sister Jen is a real good shot, witnessed by my own two eyes.  I guess when you have acres and acres of fields in your backyard, you have a lot of places to learn how to shoot.


What a poser.


The squat shoot.


What am I doing during all of this you ask?  Making sure I don't go deaf, driving the four wheeler, and being a third eye.



Had to take a scenery shot....I mean, look how beautiful!


Fun Part 2
Swimming

After Lake Powell, Talmage started missing the water again.  He also wanted to show Nali how he had learned to jump into the water from the edge of the pool.  He counts...... un, do, doo! Then jumps in, it is so cute. So Steph took us to the local watering hole to go swimming (Okay, it was just a regular recreational swim pool). 

All the next pictures were thanks to Steph (Nali).  She captured some really fun shots.

Here he is getting ready to swim with his "muscles" on.

Hoping the water isn't too cold.


Ah, who cares....dive!


Take a shower first.


Now go reek some havoc, be the biggest nuisance possible, and give the life guards something to really whistle about.



I love the face on the mother behind us.  So crusty.  What?  Like you can't get wet in the pool?


More crusties from the perfect mother behind me.  She probably thought I was a bad mother for letting Talmage taste the water.  I couldn't stop him anyways.


Lets climb out..


EEERRRRGH...Almost there.


A quick rest.


All right!  Lets get this game started.



Clap for me...3 for 3.


And the FINALE DUNK!!!! Pointed toes and all...I love this.


The whistle blows to get out..lets put on our towel.


All that exercise made me nice and strong.


Fun Part 3
Dumping

Whether Talmage was dumping cat food on the porch for Tootsy (or whatever her name is), dumping dirt in the pot, or helping dump old hot tubs out of the yard, he was having fun.


Bye Bye Toots.  I am going to go help the big kids in the backyard.


What do we have here?  A hill-billie child?



Lets dump him with the other "trash."


Not too happy about that one.


Fun Part 4
Cutting

Yes! On September 3rd 2011 (at age 21 months for crying out loud!).  Talmage received his first haircut!
And he needed it!

Little off the sides and back.




Little off the top.


Distracting him with songs, screaming and extra binkies (Thanks Steph).



Last minute touches and...


Viola!  
The soft hair style.



The hard core hairstyle!


Marching proudly with his new do.


See you later Monticello.  We had a fun, relaxing, very enjoyable time.  And thanks for making me a MAN.  

2 comments:

  1. There are so many reasons to love monticello! At least we do :). Love that little man! I have yet to post about the happy time we got to spend together, but hoping to do so soon.... We love and miss u guys! Btw your cookies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah. He is so cute. That hair...

    ReplyDelete