Monday, October 17, 2011

Hearts of Gold

One evening in Phoenix we were invited over for some absolutely delicious dinner with the Burtenshaws (some of our bestest friends). Ian was and still is Cody's best friend.  They have been through a lot together. In fact, Franki tells a funny story about these two if you want to read it click on CODIAN.  Ian is also a 4th year Med student, he is in DO school going to be a Podiatrist. He will be the best one out there and we have no doubt about that. His beautiful wife Franki, is one of the sweetest, most creative and fun people I know.  Not to mention an amazing mother and wife.  Also, athletic and gorgeous.  Bless her dear heart, Franki made us some Cafe Rio style sweet pork burritos with tomatillo dressing.  Her recipe is my favorite!  I have tried others but this one is the best.  I usually make a request for it when we are there, because Franki makes it so delicious.  They also have three adorable, smart, and sweet children (Mckay, Kali, Paxton), who I see just as much as my nieces and nephews as my actual nieces and nephews. Talmage absolutely loved their kids too!  He got so excited to see them whenever we hung out.


Despite the look he is giving in this picture, Tal loves Mckay.


Here are all of the children together!  What a bunch of peaches they all are.


They all at least looked up and smiled at the camera (except for Talmage who didn't feel like it that night)


We love the Burtenshaws...they have Hearts of Gold.  I was grateful to be able to spend so much time with them while we were in Phoenix.

1 comment:

  1. You are too nice... because you "forgot" to mention that we are usually a disaster in the making. I love that we are forever friends, or better yet, family! We miss you and hope you are doing great. If u need anymore craft ideas, I thought of a few more that might be fun....

    ReplyDelete