Wednesday, June 1, 2011

3rd Anniversary

May 27th this year was our 3rd Marriage Anniversary.  We originally had planned to go on a bike ride to the lake, but the weather was rainy, so we opted to stay in and go on memorial day instead.  We just relaxed on our special day, watched movies and made homemade sushi rolls.  We had never done this before and it was a fun little activity for us.  I must say we did a pretty good job for our first attempt.

We bought the roasted seaweed wraps, sushi rice, bamboo mats, tempura batter for the shrimp and the spreading paddle.  It all felt very authentic.

We made two kinds: mine had cucumber, avocado, cream cheese, tempura shrimp and a spicy mayo sauce drizzled on top.  Cody's was the mexican version of my sushi rolls, adding tabasco sauce and jalapenos to his.  
Taking our first bites (better be delicious after all that work).
We even had chopsticks from back in the day when I worked at P.F. Chang's.
Note Talmage in the background, I think we gave him a popsicle, he's been teething and ornery, but still a cute little munchkin.
In case you were wondering, it was absolutely delicious and well worth the effort.  Even Cody was very impressed (which is hard to do).  He only did the sushi thing because he loves me and knows that I enjoy it tremendously.  We were stuffed to the bone when we were done and there is good reason for that.  I later discovered that each roll was roughly around 450 calories.  We EACH had TWO rolls.  You can do the math.   

Talmage had a bite and was not pleased.

Here is to 3 years so far with my love and to eternity and beyond (Cheesy right?).  We try to live our relationship by these words written below.  So far it is working for us.  We are still very much in love.
  
Cody actually came up with this quote using different scriptural references and gave it to me with a set of steel keys as a wedding gift.  The Key in the frame actually has deeper meaning.  When we were dating, I found it on the ground during a walk one day.  I gave it to him and said something similar to it being the key to my heart and that if he wants full access to my heart, he could use the key when he asked me to marry him.   I was really joking at the time, because it was a piece of junk jewelry I found on the ground, but of course romantic little Cody kept it and used the key in a very special way.  You see why I love him?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Why am I not surprised that Cody added tabasco?! Love it! ...and as fas a a lack of luck, I dare say Cody has had great luck... he found you!!! Still so excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fancy! I am so impressed that you guys know how to make your own sushi. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Your sushi looks awesome! I tried making it once and it was pretty good, but not great. I will probably try again sometime because it was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete