Thursday, June 2, 2011

Beach Bums

I have been mentioning in earlier posts that we went on a bike ride for memorial day.  It was a postponed anniversary activity as well.  We decided to take off from our house and ride all the way to Bradford Beach and back.  It was the perfect weather for the occasion.  Warm, but not too hot or too humid.  I believe it ended up being about an 18 to 20 mile bike ride.  We did more of a loop then a straight shot.  The only picture I have of our bikes is the one below.  Cody is slathering Tal in tons of baby Sunscreen.  We forgot to slather ourselves and unfortunately we both burned really badly on our arms.  We wore helmets so our faces were fine... luckily :). ( I may write a post in the near future about my sunburn, hilarious, yet, somewhat awful story).
Prepping for the sun.
Attempting a sand castle, but the sand monster, (Tal) kept knocking down all of our structures.
So we let him dig a hole.
Then we buried him in it.  ah ha ha ha!
It was time to wash the sand out of our diapers, so off to go play in the water.  He was a little sketchy at first.
Just a bit closer and a little more bravery leads too.....
Over estimating the power of a cold lake.  He basically got way too excited and barged straight into the water, slipped and fell under, completely soaking himself. Brrrrrr.  Pretty hilarious if you ask me.
So we took off the cold, wet clothes and dried out a bit and stayed on dry land. Did I mention he loves his hats?
We took a nice stroll on the beach.
Got a little lazy and rode on Daddy's shoulders.
When the beach started getting too crowded (around noon) we went to the Northpoint Shack and got burgers and custard shakes.  YUM!!!!!!!!!
With bellies full we road our 10 or so miles home and went to a BBQ with some friends later that night.  What a great day!  Life is bliss! (see.... I don't always complain in my posts)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day you three had! Cute, cute pictures! Makes me wish that I was there . . . especially for one of my most favorite food places, the Northpoint Shack!!!! YUM! What a beautiful family! I love you three!

    ReplyDelete