Tuesday, May 31, 2011

LAcK of LUcK

(I am adding this little insert a day later...Cody said this post sounds like we don't understand the big picture, but in reality we are very grateful for everything we have.  I just think it is funny that the "little" things get thrown at us a lot of the time)

 I kind of want to get the comlaining over with and then I will move on to the fun stuff in another post.  When I first started dating Cody, he told me that he was a pretty unlucky fellow, but that he also didn't believe in luck, so really he just believed in the lack of luck.  He basically believes that his life is meant to fall apart on him all the time, just because he is Cody.  The funny part is, I would always say to him, "No, you aren't unlucky, you don't ALWAYS hit every red light, things don't always break down on you, your still healthy and alive etc etc."  Well after 5 years of knowing this man, I am finally going to have to say that, he really is very unlucky.  Things really do happen to him.  I am bound to swear that he probably hits red lights about 95% of the time.  Almost anything that he buys or receives as a gift either breaks, tears, dies or gets destroyed in some way. Here are a few examples.  New cell phone; gets dropped in the water by Talmage and the speakers stop working and are irreparable, so he literally has to go back to his old dinosaur cell phone.  His XBOX he got for Christmas has died on him.  He tried fixing it once and it worked for a few more weeks then died again, he pulled apart the mother board one more time to fix it.  Cody and I were able to get one last game of Gears of War 2 in (which we love playing together, never in a million years did I think I would play XBOX games) and then it died, it is gone, no sound, no color, nothing, FROZEN.
fixing the mother board

Our Washer; barely spins, and our clothes only get somewhat clean, I put tons of soap and usually have to wash the clothes twice.  Our Couch; got razored on accident by a silly pregnant women (me).  Several of his brand new shirts (all on different occasions) have either been scissored in the act of opening, stained or torn.  Our DVD player; pauses and takes about 10 minutes of fiddling before it will even read a disc.  His Winter coat; got grease on it while helping my Dad unload some snowmobiles and the grease wont come out.  Our lap top charger; died twice, we bought a new charger and that one broke too, we have to fiddle with that too to get it to work for a few minute at a time.  Our car power lock opener; doesn't work and we've tried changing batteries and everything.  His best sandals; broke.  Some Gears on his bike; went out.  His Dentist; won't see him because he had to cancell an appointment once, because he got called into work.  We got severely sunburned on our bike ride which I will post about later (thats just our own stupid faults though, but thought since I was complaining already, I would throw it in this post).  

see the difference at the top of my arm

Last but not least for now, during HOME TEACHING for crying out loud ( he's just trying to be a good person) Cody gets involved in a hit and run.  He's just driving down the road and some white bronco pulls out and scrapes up the side of Cody's car and quickly speeds off.  Cody reported it, but they can't help us, and we only have liability insurance. We were hoping to sell this car after med school to get a few thousand out of it.  Now the value of the car has gone down the drain and basically we are out a few thousand dollars.  BLAH!


So there are many other things that I can't think of right now that has happened, a lot of little things here and there that just happen to Cody or us.  It is crazy how much can come at you and you just have to keep taking it.  We are slowly growing out of patience.  We will try to keep a positive spin on things.  In fact, the other day, something else happened to Cody, school wise, that I don't feel like I need to share, but it wasn't good, we both just broke down and started laughing so hard.  We were clutching our stomaches because it hurt.  We just couldn't believe it! Wheres the luck? Wheres the luck?  I think I am turning into Cody, I may believe in the lack of luck now, not luck, just the lack of it....

2 comments:

  1. Cody's grandma is a Connoly and his grandpa had red hair before it turned gray and fell out. There has to be some Irish luck in him somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be on to something Heather...He came home from school today and the situation fixed itself out..luckily. :)

    ReplyDelete