The fifth day being in D.C. we attempted two places. Arlington Cemetery and the Old Post Office tower downtown. Many people (tourists) stand in line for hours outside the Washington Monument waiting to go to the top to see the view. Luckily we were with Jen and Nate (locals) and know that the Old Post Office tower had just as good a view of the city, had no lines, and if there was a line you could wait inside. Great idea.
First stop Arlington Cemetery. Talmage surprisingly stayed in his stroller most the time without complaining or attempting to escape. We did bribe with many treats.
Miss Brynn was content being held, walking along or playing with rocks or riffraff on the ground.
This was the view from the top of the hill at the grounds of the Arlington House, "formerly the estate of the family of Confederate general Robert E. Lee's wife Mary Anna (Custis) Lee, a great grand-daughter of Martha Washington."
We saw the last part of the Changing of the Guards (click if you want to watch it).
Talmage thought it was interesting.
I thought this Coluseum at Arlington was beautiful.
After Arlington we found a spot to park downtown to walk to the Old Post Office, we parked right in front of Frank Sinatra's star. Cody loves Mr. Sinatra.
These guys on the bench thought Talmage's Superman shirt was So Cool for some reason.
Talmage loved chasing around all the pigeons walking on the ground.
The Old Post Office
Lovely Ladies
"Well Brynn, it looks like we are never breaking out of this joint"
"Well Tal, I've been in worse places, this ones got a view."
"No ....I don't want to leave... I've finally learned how to fly."
The elevator down.... and up, I suppose.
Throwing a fit for some reason.... not sure what this one was about.
"Talmage, shut up already"
"We live the high life, high five!"
The day was finished off with one VERY large Slurpee.
That completes the picture portion of our D.C. adventures. The last day we hung out at the apartment, had yummy food and played many games. Thanks Jen and Nate for a wonderful time! We would come anytime (even take the 13 hour drive again).
I just did a huge catch-up on your blog. I'm so glad you guys had such a great time in D.C. I went there with my family after my junior year of high school and loved it. It really is such a great place! And Talmage, despite his many apparent temper tantrums was a trooper! I love that you got him a leash and I love all the pictures with it. When we got back from our D.C. trip, my youngest brother who was five at the time, told my parents he never wanted to go on vacation again. :) Anyway, we sure miss you guys around here, but I'm glad you are having fun!
ReplyDelete