After D.C. the traveling continued for me and Talmage. We drove the 13 hours back to Milwaukee, had a one day pit stop and then flew to SLC. Lately, Talmage is a busy body, super curious and has to discover everything. In the airport, every time he saw a metal line he would jump over it. I have no idea where he learned this, but it was pretty entertaining, especially for others who were watching and had nothing better to do but wait for their planes. He also had to hang from every bar that he could find (there were a lot).
We arrived at 1 a.m. and slept in the next morning.
We had fun with my sister Ashley and her 3 adorable kids. Banxton 5, Gracie 3 and Ellie 1. We ran errands, went shopping, played at the pool etc. Talmage loved every minute with his cousins. He really gets along with older children.
I thought it was so sweet how they held his hands while walking through the parking lot. It was like I had three extra moms to help watch him.
We stayed at Grandpa Rich and Grandma Dee's House where Talmage discovered a huge stash of toy cars. He of course chose the dustiest place in the house to play, but it was okay, because he played by himself with those cars for hours. He would line them up, park them all in rows, and drive them around. It was a very precious moment I thought.
The next day was Ellie's 1 year Birthday party. She is the cutest little red head ever. As tradition has it, she got her own cake to devour.
Here is Ellie's other Grandparents Ricky and Legrand pullin out the big bucks. :)
Grandpa Rich gives all his grand girls a music jewelry box engraved with their names on it for their first birthdays.
The party was very exciting for Talmage, who discovered trampolines and water slides.
Banxton took charge and threw Talmage in the pool when he hesitated.
When they were sick of him they threw him out. Ha ha ha
But in the end they all loved him. He was only a little bit bitter.
Her are some faces from the party. Billy and Ash the hosts. Nana Evonne and Jimbo.
All the children.
Almost all the party pictures were taken by Billy, because I was inside during most of it with heat stroke AGAIN! I was nauseous and chilled and couldn't even stand up. I had too much sun that morning at the pool and my poor body couldn't handle it I suppose. I thought I had learned my lesson twice this summer already but apparently not yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment