Sunday, September 18, 2011

Couer d'alene On Land

After only a few days in Bountiful we somehow decided to take another long road trip.  Only an 11 hour drive up north, to my fathers cabin in beautiful Couer d'alene.  It was worth the trip.  We went shopping, (my sisters acted as my personal shoppers and I basically ended up with an entirely new wardrobe), hung out at the cabin, by the fire-pit, in the boat, made yummy homemade meals 3 times a day, had an alphabet treasure hunt and of course the children had a nice warm bubble bath.


I over did it a little on the floaties and protective sun gear for Talmage.


Oh and I almost forgo,t Mckenzie and Garrett were put to work.  They found a bunch of ants and Kenzi got freaked out and ran away.  Ha ha woosie.


Here is the boat and the dock.
Don't worry Talmage isn't going crazy.  On the plane ride over, we got a little bored so I taught Talmage to roll his eyes.  It is pretty hilarious.  If you laugh at him when he does it it eggs him on and he will keep doing it.
But these kids were going crazy.

Staring off into the lake.


His prizes from the Alphabet treasure hunt.
The kids weren't the only ones going crazy.

  I was messing around with my camera a bit to capture some of the beauty.




Now you can kind of see why we keep going back up there despite the long drive.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm....next time your there tell me! I'm only two hours away! Would love to see all you guys.

    ReplyDelete