After the very emotional, yet educational Holocaust Museum we decided we needed something a little more light hearted. We went to the National Museum of American History. (I have to apologize in advance for the fuzzy pictures. Still in the process of figuring out my camera and it was a matter of a single switch, DUH!) There was some interesting things to see there. Very random I must say. We had fun making fun of this statue of George Washington (someone had a very different idea of what they thought of their President).
I think that this was the original C3PO.
The actual Ruby Slippers from Wizard of Oz.
Honest Abe's Top Hat
Lots of Locomotives
Gunboat Philadelphia
Martha's Dress
Told you it was random....we also saw this large flag unfolded by multiple people while we all sang the National Anthem...ahhhh.
Then we wandered around the National Mall. We went to the White House, and I swear I spotted a few secret agents in the grass looking out their looking glasses. We were eventually ushered away from the grounds because apparently it was President Obama's birthday and blah blah blah.... I donno....
Of course got a picture with the Washington Monument.
We rode the underground Metro to downtown in the morning so we of course rode them back. That was fun (sarcastic) So many people on the way back, it was stinky smelly and hot. We can chalk it up on our list of interesting experiences.
Jen was home when we got back and we got to eat all our wonderful leftovers from the previous evenings. More games were played and delicious brownies and ice cream were eaten. I somehow got sick with heat stroke that night but was spiffy in the morning. I loved the 4th day in D.C. (maybe it had something to do with not having to lug around a screaming toddler)
No comments:
Post a Comment