Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Docked

The last couple of days in Lake Powell were filled with fun.

Because we didn't have a regular boat (only a houseboat and wave runners), we had to take the wave runners to the Bullfrog marina for ice and gasoline.  Here are these guys coming back from a trip.


After playing in the sand.

Garrett, Me, Erik, Gracie, Banxton, Mckenzie, Cache, Talmage

Erik made a waterworks line that when you poured water into it, it would zigzag back and forth back to  the lake.


I sculpted this very realistic looking crocodile (At least I thought so)

No one was afraid of Leonard, not even Talmage.



Jim found this shark hat on the beach.  It was perfect for Tal and did a good job of keeping him from getting sunburnt.

We definitely stayed hydrated.


Eventually we moved to another beach, which was more private, and a lot better for jumping (or being thrown) off the back of the houseboat.



I love how it looks like he is standing on water.


Poor Gracie got a good slap in the face on her first try, even after all of us begging her to try it and telling her it would be fun. Oops.


....and what is Talmage up to during all of this?


I love how you can see people laughing at him in the back ground..


That evening, after lots of sand and water playing, some of us a had a few sore crotches.



Garrett made another fire.  This one just happened to look like a demon dragon right?


Fire Dance


Another day.....another beautiful day.


We did a lot of fun wave running.  I didn't bring a crib for Tal on this trip, so the only way I could get him to fall asleep for naps was to take him on a wave runner ride and lull him to sleep.




Erik got some good reading in.  Especially in those peaceful moments.


Kenz and Cache got some good kissing in.  Especially in those romantic moments.


I got some good shots in.  Especially in those beautiful moments.


Talmage and Garrett got some good bonding time in.  Especially in those happy moments.



Overall, the trip was a success.  The kid was happy. Yes, he got very dirty, bruised, scraped, and chaffed, but it was worth it. 


Thanks Nana and Jim for a great trip!


Oh yeah! I almost forgot.  You can't really tell, but I finally got a tan after all that burning.


Moments before Cody and Grandma Steph picked Talmage and I up, we all bathed and got ourselves presentable for them.  We were all used to each others smells buy then, but we had no idea how we would smell  to the new comers.


After 3 almost 4 long weeks, we reunited with Cody.  It was close to Tal's nap time, so he barely noticed Daddy was with us again.  I was happy to see him though.


In the back ground you can see a storm coming.  good thing we left when we did, because the rest of my family got hit in a major storm while docking the houseboat and wave runners.  They all made it safely though, and even said it was fun jumping off the massive swelling waves in the runners.


Adieu Lake Powell. Thanks for not taking us down in any storms or flash floods while we stayed.  Thanks for not being too hot nor too cold. Thanks for not having too many people or tourists.  Thanks for having a plethora of good beaches.  Thanks for being beautiful.  We will miss you. 

1 comment:

  1. how fun! i love that last pic of the beach. makes me wanna be there too! glad you're having a blast! and yeah that tan looks good!

    ReplyDelete