Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Falling Into Place

Very exciting things are taking place this week.  So we thought that we would be getting in the house today.  We miraculously got the keys last Friday, June 29th.  We have technically been in the house for a few days.  We aren't sleeping there yet, but we have been taking several trips to go clean and put boxes in the garage. We have been deep cleaning everything.  It is yuckier than we thought it would be.  It took us (mostly Cody) many hours to clean just our kitchen.  It was really hard on my back to scrub the high shelves and hard on every other part of me to squat down to get the low shelves.  I stuck with the easy stuff and Cody did all the hard stuff.  He's a stud I tell ya, not to mention he is working a pretty full load during this process.  He had a half day on Saturday and a full day Sunday.  We also went appliance shopping and found some great stuff at Lowe's.  We got a fridge, washer, dryer and lawn mower for a great price.  There were sales going on, accompanied with a 10% off coupon in our change of address packet.  We also have some rebates to fill out, which will save us even more money.  The appliances are all being delivered and installed for free on July 4th.  I also got a professional to come clean all our grout and floors.  That saved us a ton of work and we got a STEAL of a deal, and they did a great job! I have the pest control company coming to spray on the 5th and make sure there are no BLACK WIDOWS creeping in.  Cody and I are going to clean all our windows (unfortunately my brothers can't come all the way to Fresno with their window cleaning company and do it for us).  Our windows are all ground level and will be easy enough with a hose and squeegee.  Then we are going to buy some silicone/caulking and go around and seal up all the holes in the house, (I told you I am OCD) but I saw some spiders (I have slight arachnophobia) and will be taking every precaution.  We also are going to change all our locks ourselves and add a few deadbolts on the garage door.  This is all happening this week along with the holiday and my birthday.  We have until July 14th to get out of our apartment, so whenever Cody has a day off we (okay just Cody and some help from ward members) will move all the big furniture.  Our lawn also needs some work.  The grass is getting long and some weeds have already started to grow.  At some point Cody needs to put the gates up in the yard so we can let Talmage run around out there.

Me and Talmage also have an appointment at the DMV on the 5th to get our new car titles and plates (FINALLY) and to renew my drivers license which expires on my birthday (duh).  We also have an OB appointment to check out baby brother and make sure he is handling all this stress.  Me and Cody are pretty set on a name and are excited to announce it soon.  I am 33 weeks already, time is flying!  It is crazy to think we will be holding our new little miracle in less than 7 weeks!!!!

This post is not to make anyone feel bad for us, we are very excited about all these things that are happening.  We have some fun things planned too.  Tonight we are going to Kerman, a small town on the outskirts of Fresno to watch fireworks and enjoy some carnival like activities.  Talmage will love the rides and treats I'm sure.  As for my birthday, I can't really plan to much with Cody's schedule, but I was lucky to find a friend at church to watch Talmage so I can get a (50% off for Birthdays) 80 minute pregnancy massage and a free haircut at Milan Institute.  I've already decided I want to get a juicy burger and endless potato fries from Red Robin for my birthday dinner. I am pretty sure I will get some ice cream from Marble Stone Ice cream, a "Coldstone" type place right by our new house.  I am a very lucky gal!  It will be a great week!

I said we were busy, but we are loving it all!  We are so happy and grateful we got a beautiful house in a great location, Cody got the job he wanted, we get to live in wonderful Fresno, we have a great ward and found some nice friends, there are TONS of boys Tal's age in our neighborhood and ward, and the best part, we feel very blessed to add another little munchkin to our family.  We are definitely being watched over and things are working out very well for us.

3 comments:

  1. Moving is crazy stress, but when it all works out, and you get moved in... well home is a great place to be. Hooray for birthday plans, good neighbors and that brand new baby boy! So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful birthday week. Can't wait to find out the name an meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys are running around like crazy! But, so glad that things are coming together and falling into place for you guys. I'm glad you are liking your new ward and already making friends; having a great support system always makes things so much better. Enjoy the 4th and your birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete