Friday, July 6, 2012

How We Spent Our Independence Day

We were going to go to a freedom fest, that had rides and the sort for Talmage on the 4th, but by the time Cody got home and we had dinner we decided we were too exhausted to do anything like that. We just drove to a high school that had a free firework show.  It made for just as much fun though.  We parked our blanket on the outside of the football field and away from the crowds.  It was perfect for Tal because we were right by a track.  After watching some of the Olympic trials on t.v. Talmage thinks he is just as fast as some of those Olympians.  He ran up and down that lane so many times.    People around us were laughing at the amount of energy our child had.



"I so fast mom!"


One of his favorite things to do is run and jump into Cody's arms.  Cody usually barrel's over from exhaust after the hundredth time or so.

Talmage is a lot more gentle with me because he knows baby brother will "break," if he lands on him too hard.
You can kind of see my belly in the picture, I am 33 weeks here. I am incredibly greasy looking though, because I sprayed tons of bug repellent on my legs, arms and face. (I was not going to get any bites). I sprayed my boys too.  There really weren't that many bugs and we all escaped without a single bite.

Cody getting a little snooze in before the fireworks started.  Even on a day were he got to come home in the afternoon, he still had worked 8 hours that morning already.

Just happy to be able to spend some time together.

Attempts at getting all our faces in the photo while fireworks were going.

My boys enjoying the show.  
Tal is still asking me days later, "I go see fireworks?".  He thought they were, "Boom! Boom! Wow!"

They played live patriotic music during the fireworks, even some Sinatra (Cody's favorite).  Our view was pretty great, minus the one telephone pole. 


Afterwards Tal zonked pretty quickly.  This is also to show where he has been sleeping for the past couple months.  He still has no bed or furniture at all.  Some day.  He really doesn't care though.

I love how he lines up his cars in a traffic jam every night.

My little sweetheart and his crazy calicky hair.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment