Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stressed Yet? Just a little....

Cody and I have an appointment with the Title Company tonight to sign all our closing documents for our house.  Because of the weekend and the holiday, the realtor told us, we will either close next Tuesday the 3rd or Thursday the 5th of July.  It looks like we will have a fun weekend of cleaning and packing next week.  We were hoping to do it this weekend, but what can you do when your loan officer is slow?  We have until July 14th to be out of our apartment. We are going to take our time and clean the house first before we bring any boxes over.  That will take a few days, because I want it CLEAN, I need to stock up on CLR, gloves, scrubs and chlorine bleach (and probably some knee and back braces).  I told Cody to bring some masks home from work, but he said the chemicals can still get through the masks and he doesn't want me or Tal in the room when he is using the heavy cleaning chemicals.  I seem insane probably, but I'm feeling nesty and need everything perfectly clean before the baby comes.  Once the house is spic and span then we will take several trips of boxes in our van over to the house.  While Cody is working his 14 hour days (no joke, everyday) I will slowly be organizing our stuff in the house, but we will still sleep in the apartment at night.  Then once all the small stuff is taken care of, we will rent a truck for a few hours one day and get one or two men from the EQ to help Cody move the big stuff.  After that, it is von boyage apartment and welcome home!

It doesn't end there, we have a lot of "little"details to take care of still. Stuff like getting our utilities transfered over, fixing the gates in the yard so Tal can't escape the backyard, setting up internet, forwarding our mail, changing our locks and garage door opener, figuring out our new budget.......those are just an inkling of things we need to get done that deal with the house.  A few other things not pertaining to the house that we still need to get done include; standing in line at the DMV to get our new California title and plates. I need to renew my drivers license.  I need to find a pediatrician for my babies.  I need to buy a crib and get all the baby stuff ready (he's coming in less than 8 weeks).  I REALLY need to find a dentist for all of us...it has been way too long.  I also need a PCP (primary care physician) for myself and Cody.  I also need to make sure all the apartment stuff is taken care of, paid for, wrapped up and cleaned.  

It is all so exciting, yet stressful.  I wish Cody didn't have to work 12-14 hour days.  That is another thing.  Cody is working in the Surgical ICU for the month of July.  It is one of the higher stress rotations he will have, not to mention he is coming off a two month"vacation."  He is getting pimped for the first time this Friday (get your minds out of the gutter guys. Pimped in the medical world, just getting asked a lot of really difficult and tricky questions that you are expected to answer correctly and explain your reasoning and understanding). He is very anxious because they aren't telling him what they are pimping him on.  He is expected to know every detail about every one of his patients, which he just met 4 days ago.  I know he will be great though, he is always very good in those situations.  It was pretty cool, when he came home yesterday from work, he got a phone call from a nurse to give him an update on one of his patients.  Obviously, he still has other residents and attendings around, but he is alone with his patients most of the time and gets to make a lot of the calls.  It sounds like he is making all the right calls so far.  One of his first calls was getting his patient a blood transfusion. (I am probably going to botch the story).  The patients stomach was bleeding internally, because of an arterial by-pass operation he had recently.  They discovered the bleeding by looking at some images, but only got the images because Cody noticed that the patients stomach was a bit distended. That patient is doing much better now.  It all seems so unreal to me, yet so cool, and I am so proud of him. I wish I could watch Cody at work, but I have to just imagine and go off shows like, "House" or "Grey's Anatomy," and pretend that is a bit like what he is doing.

So there you have it, we got our house!  Hip hip! We got a load of things to get done! Hip hip! And Cody is finally getting paid to work.  Hip hip!  HOORAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment