Today is the initial match day at Medical College of Wisconsin (and most schools in the nation) for our 4th year medical students (Cody being one of them). I am happy to say that the weather, gloomy and rainy, does NOT match our moods. This morning at 10:55 a.m. Cody got an email from the NRMP saying, "Congratulations! You matched!" What a relief. I was still driving home from my Zumba class when I was called by Cody and told the good news. I must say, my face looked like the weather. Yes people, I started crying, tears of joy, of course. All that hard work, time, stress, worry and money that went into Cody's education is finally going to pay off. When I got home I had to tell Cody, "I told you so," because I've been telling him all along how amazing he is and that he would get it. He never could quite believe me, and now he finally believes it himself. The reality that he will be an orthopedic resident is still sinking in though.
It is a guarantee now that one of these locations is where we will end up living: (Granted we do not find out EXACTLY WHERE until this Friday 16th, sometime between 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
(alphabetical order)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detroit, Michigan
Erie, Pennsylvania
Fresno, California
Huntington, West Virginia
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Phoenix, Arizona
Well there you go...in 4 days we will update and let you know WHERE we are going to end up. For now we can just breath, knowing that Cody has a job.
Congratulations! I am very happy for you guys and excited to hear where you end up!-Diana
ReplyDeleteI'll say it again...congratulations! It is such a huge relief...I am glad we don't have to relive it!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! That is great news! Can't wait to hear where you are going!
ReplyDeleteOh that is so exciting!! So happy for you guys, congrats !!!!
ReplyDelete