Saturday, March 3, 2012

Exhausted Birthday Boy

I wanted to do something spectacular for Cody's Birthday.  Life just got in the way.  We were all sick and Cody had to work until 9 p.m. on his actual birthday.  So we celebrated at home, with just the three of us.  Cody prefers it that way anyways.  Talmage stayed up to watch Daddy blow out his candles, even though Cody officially hadn't had dinner yet.  It was a triple chocolate cake.  Too much for the three of us so if you want any come on over.


Before Cody got home, I was trying to keep the lasagna warm, and the salad cold, then suddenly the power went out (which was so bizarre, considering there wasn't wind or any strong storms at the time).  Tal and I realized we had no candles in the house, the upstairs girls brought us down a candle, which we stared at for awhile until the power came back on.  Good thing too, we wanted Cody to have a warm dinner on his birthday.


Here is the Birthday Boy.  Happy 29th!  He looks exhausted, well, because he is.  Cody made sure to tell the attending he was working with, that it was his birthday, but even after a full day of work (7a.m. to 6 p.m.), the attending still gave him a 2 hour power point presentation before he was okayed to leave.  It was also a one hour drive home.


Tal was glad to stay up for the candles.  We only had 24 candles too, I know... ghetto right?  It made Cody feel better though when he counted them. He kept asking me his age, he stopped counting.


I should've thought through putting the oreo crumbles on top of the cake, because they flew everywhere when these boys puffed out the candles.


I love both their faces in this one.


Me and Tal went and got Cody some of those Dansko shoes from The Walking Company.  I have heard a lot about them being the number one shoe for surgeons and nurses, because they give you tons of support after being on your feet all day or standing in surgery for 14 hours or more.  Cody deserved something really nice, he works very hard all the time.  He is a great father, a wonderful husband and we love him dearly.  Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

1 comment: