Sunday, February 21, 2010

Running Week 1

I am sore, I am tired and I feel absolutely wonderful! I ran 3 times this last week, a grand total of 8 miles. Four miles with Sara and Jenny on Friday morning OUTSIDE! It was perfect. I actually got REALLY HOT! Of course I walked at least 1.5 miles while they ran at the end. We had to push Talmage in his stroller (harder than I thought it would be). I thank those wonderful ladies for pushing him half the time. I know next week is going to be easier as my muscles start adapting and aren't as sore. I am happy that I am doing this, I am sure it is the endorphins talking, but I am ready for next week already! And the best part...I feel that my butt is slowly starting to lift back up to where it used to be! Wahoo! I love that it has only been a week, but I can already feel and see results. I have more energy, I am happier and tend to be more productive. I was worried that I was going to get dizzy (I have been having dizzy spells for the last 6 weeks) but I only had a few this last week, which is a huge decrease from before and caused a dramatic change in the way I feel. Maybe it was what I needed after all. I used the dizziness to stop me from doing a lot of things, but realized once I stopped making excuses and got to work all was well after all.
This weeks goals: Run three times on my own, 2 miles each. Group run 5 miles. Drink at least 80 oz of water each day (since I am running and nursing I can't dehydrate).

Okay week 2....... HERE I (me and Talmage) COME!
I can already hear the "Rocky" music. da duh da duh da duh da duh duh duh. duh d duhhhhhh. da duh duhhhhh.

1 comment:

  1. Joce, you are awesome! And hearing (or rather reading) the Rocky theme song inspires me to...to...go to bed. It is 11:40PM!
    You are such a cute mom!

    ReplyDelete