You know, I don't feel that I ask for too much in life from other people. I like it when I call somewhere and leave a message to call me back and they do! I love it when they say something will be delivered at a certain time and it comes! It is an exceptional bonus when I find out my insurance will cover something I wasn't expecting. I even like it when the grocer helps me pick out the best fruit. Something I also ask for, doesn't seem like too much, is to be able to park in my own driveway. If that is too much to ask, then let me at least park in front of my house on the road. Well, obviously it is too much to ask, because for the last several months we have been walking a block or more to get to the car. Reason being, they have torn up our street and our driveway entrance and blocked off all access to our street and left it there all summer. Okay! Every other week or so I see a lone truck out there digging or laying gravel and then picking it back up and then laying it back down. I don't know what they have been doing since March, but where I come from it doesn't take 6 months to repair a road! To make matters worse, they have these very obnoxious parking laws too. You have to make sure you park on the side of the street with houses that have addresses that end with an even number only on the even days of the year. And on the odd days of the year, you park on the side of the street with odd numbered houses. Seems simple enough right? Also, you have to call up a number to get a confirmation number to park there as well. Whether there is road construction or not, forcing you one way or another to park on the street, you have to have a confirmation number or you get ticketed. When my mom came out to visit, she and I both got ticketed. So not only do we have to make sure our car is parked on the right street every night, have permission to park there, any visitors that come to see us need special instruction how to come see us, and also have to walk a block to our house, we also have the extra burden of figuring out ways to carry all of our groceries to the house. With me being 6 months pregnant it makes it hard to carry heavy loads over 20 pounds. SO I can't go grocery shopping unless I know Cody will be there to help me unload as well (unless I want to make several trips, not fun). Jeesh! All I ask is for are the guys to come work on our street and get her done!!!!
So now that I have explained myself a little on the matter, and you are understanding what a pain it has been for us. I can now express my elation when I say, I looked out the window the other day and saw this!!!!



So I have a little jingle to celebrate the occasion. To the tune of the Primary song from church, "Popcorn Popping" (What? I'm in primary every week, it gets stuck in my head sometimes).
"I looked out the window and what did I see?
Cement truckers finally laying down our street.
Fall has brought me such a nice surprise,
Construction workers working before my eyes!
I can take a car and drive up the street, to my driveway, oh now that's a treat!
It wasn't really so, because it seems to be, they haven't finished still, working on our street."
Yeah, the road is done but not our driveways. We would fall in a three foot hole. Soon it will be finished though! I hope! I pray! I really don't ask for much.
Holy crap that is RIDICULOUS! I would be piiiiiiiiisssed. Glad they're finally getting off their arses though, and it's probably only because the winter is coming and they don't want any lawsuits. Hope your driveway gets fixed soon!
ReplyDeleteHa Ha Ha! No wonder Jack loves primary so much! You are too creative.
ReplyDeleteNow they'll get the road done before baby is born but it will still take you as long to get the errands done and everything hauled in when he is born.... one thing I was not prepared for was how everything takes twice as long with a kid in tow... ( just imagine 3!)
So happy that we found your blog, now you can never get rid of us. We love you guys, and are sooo excited for your new little one to arrive. Good luck with year two. ...btw you don't even look prego Jocelyn! You guys rock!
ReplyDeleteWow that stinks! And what crazy laws - how do you keep them all straight? At least it should all be done before the baby comes. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete