When are you Due? August 22, 2012
How many weeks are you? 23 (officially starting my 3rd trimester)
Was this planned or unplanned: Planned. We had been trying since May 2011, so it's about bloody time.
How much weight have you gained? 6-8 pounds, depending on the time of day.
Is this your first pregnancy? No, also have a 29 month old right now.
Latest food craving? Rocky road ice-cream with bananas.
Top two name choices? For now we call him August (because he is due in August, get it?) We are having a hard time thinking of names for him.
Worst thing about being pregnant? The lack of oxygen for simple tasks, bending over, carrying things, and the back pain when standing for too long or leaning over. Doing dishes hurts after a few minutes. Let me also mention; hot flashes, absent mindedness, small bladder, extra klutzy, not fitting in any clothes and insomnia issues.
Best thing about being pregnant? A couple things... I finally fill out my bras. Wahoo! Secondly, I love feeling his little kicks and movement, makes me smile every time. I just picture this little one pound miracle with tiny fists and feet, doing Zumba or kickboxing in my uterus. The best, best part is the end result of course having a newborn handed in your arms.
The first person I told about pregnancy? Cody obviously,
Last person to find out? Our family. We managed to keep it a secret for 21 weeks!
More scared or excited? Equally both. Scared because of timing with all the changes in our life right now, moving across country, finding all new doctors, Cody being gone 80+ hours a week for Residency, and of course learning how to handle 2 kids at the same time. Excited because I already love this boy so much and can't wait to hold, stare, kiss and cuddle him for hours and hours. I am also excited for Talmage to have a brother.
Happy or mostly moody? Hmmmmm, there are way to many good things happening in my life to not be more happy, but with all the added stress I would say I am deservedly moody, I should ask Cody and see what his answer to this would be.
Last time you cried over something ridiculous? I think I was watching a show on t.v. like American Idol or the Voice and teared up over a song.
You pee an estimated ___ times a day? Stopped counting, second trimester is much better and usually didn't have to wake up in the middle of the night to go. First trimester was ridiculous. I barely lasted an hour without having to visit the bathroom.
Weirdest dream you've had since pregnant? Most are too weird to even explain. I also have really bad pregnancy brain and so I forget what they even were after a few hours. I think last nights dream was something about peoples fingers turning into carrots, but they kept growing so we would just eat our fingers for nutrition.
Will you breast feed? Yup, I love it! Best bonding time, healthier and cheaper all around.
Words of Wisdom to yourself? Relax and take a little time for yourself more often and remember to eat healthy because you are also affecting your babies growth and development.
Symptoms you've had recently? The usual; fatigue, back pain, sleeplessness, nauseous, etc
Baby's growth and development? August is approximately one pound and 8 inches long. Healthy heartbeat, and has all his limbs. Going in for a 3rd ultra sound in a couple weeks (because they found some scar tissue in my uterus and I have risk for hyperthyroidism). Everything is fine, just being extra safe and making sure baby is doing okay (especially getting in visits before the big move!).
Any funny or cute things that have happened? Starting to see his fetal movements from the outside of my belly. He will respond to a poke or flashlight. I asked Talmage what we should name his little brother, he said, "Sister!" I told him to try again so his second choice was, "Doctor!"
Goals with this pregnancy? Keep working out at least 2 times a week, take daily walks, drink a lot of water, supplement with vitamins and minerals, and try to only gain between 30 - 35 pounds.
| 23 Weeks |
Cody said you guys liked the name Gabriel. We are not going with Gabrielle... so if you want the name, it's all yours!
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful!! ...um, pretty sure you don't have to worry about the weight thing... I'm a little jealous because I gain 50lbs, and that is trying to stay healthy. You are amazing and we are so excited for you to have another handsome boy!!! Good luck during these next few weeks of craziness.
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful!! ...um, pretty sure you don't have to worry about the weight thing... I'm a little jealous because I gain 50lbs, and that is trying to stay healthy. You are amazing and we are so excited for you to have another handsome boy!!! Good luck during these next few weeks of craziness.
ReplyDeleteJocelyn, you are like the poster woman for pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteOne day when I was pregnant with Cole (3rd trimester), I put a tally sheet up in the bathroom so John an I could keep track of how many times we needed to go in a 24-hour period. The results: John=3, Me=17. Lovely!
That's YOU at 23 weeks? I am literally 3 times your belly size and only one week ahead of you. I've been working out 5 days a week and my doctor is still telling me to watch it. So excited for you guys!! It's been too long.....good luck with your house hunting! Love ya!
ReplyDelete