Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Berry Berry Sneaky...SURPRISE!

 Well, some of you may have heard the news already or known for a long time already  (especially if you live in Milwaukee), but this past week Cody and I sent some mail to our family.  It was a surprise to most of them!  Here is what was in the mail along with Cody's commencements announcing his graduation to becoming a Doctor of Medicine this May. 


It was VERY easy to keep the baby a secret from our families for these past 5 months.  Mostly because, they all live across the country and no one really enjoys visiting Milwaukee in the winter.  So there you have it! We are surely pregnant and having a baby on August 22, 2012.  Just under two months from when Cody starts his Residency in Fresno.  Crazy!  A lot going on...all good things and we love it!

Here are my boys in the waiting room with me, we made predictions as to whether it was a boy or a girl.  They both said boy and I said girl to be different. I really had no idea....although I did have a few dreams about a girl.  But the results finally came in and the boys could gloat.


I am so EXCITED about this little baby boy!  Talmage is going to be such a great older brother and I hope they grow up being best friends!


Just a funny little story...when we were at the ultra sound, which normally takes about 10 minutes or less before you find out the sex of the baby, it took us close to an hour!  Why you ask?  Because this little monkey kept his legs and ankles crossed the entire time we were in there, despite our much poking, prodding, shifting, jumping and coughing.  We barely caught a glimpse when the turd finally bent his knees a little.  The ultra sound tech says after 45 minutes..." it looks like you have.... a ...very...shy ......BOY...there it is."  Click take a Pic!  He was just snoozing away and would not be bothered for our convenience.  I LOVE him already!!!! What a pill!


Look at his cute little scrawny legs.

So below is the baby bump picture that I can finally post about. Even though, because of distance, it was easy to keep the secret from them, there were so many times when I wanted to tell my family I was pregnant.

Here were a few close calls when talking on the phone with parents and sibs:

"Hey Joce, you want to go camping and mountain climbing in the Sierras this August?"  
"No"  
"Why not?"  
"Uhhh...."


"Hey Joce, you guys coming to the cabin this July?"  
"I donna our plans yet?" 
"Well what do you have then?"
"Uhhhh...."


"Hey Joce, what is that called when your pregnant and you look at the baby in your stomach?"  
"Uhhh.....An ultra sound?"  
"Oh yeah, so they did an ultra sound on him and found the problem"


So..sweet family
I can't climb the Sierras this August because I will probably be in labor around that time.
I can't go to the cabin in July because you're not supposed to travel that far when you are that close to your due date.
And it's called an Ultra Sound, the thing that I have had several times proving that I am pregnant with a baby!

I am glad I was able to surprise you all this time...... berry berry sneaky...

2 comments:

  1. You definitely win an award for cutest pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you guys! You are so cute!I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete