What did we do on April 3rd you ask? Well, we voted in the Wisconsin Primary. Cody and I were discussing how we will probably never again in our lives get to vote in a primary, mostly because of the states that we have lived in and/or the states we will end up living in. They are never the "first" ones on the list to vote. Even Wisconsin is far down on the totem pole.
I guess in some weird way I can thank Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, for allowing me this once in a life time chance. It is obvious why the process of electing our Republican nominee is taking so long. Clearly Romney (who it is obvious I voted for at this point) is the front runner and (I think) would have easily gotten the required number of delegates had Newt, Paul and even Santorum dropped out when it was obvious they weren't getting any wins or many votes. Alas! They all think going to an open convention will be their shot! So they stay in the race and keep plugging away at delegates here and there. The longer this process lasts, the smaller the chance Romney doesn't sweep it away. Then we surely will have an open convention and oh crimy sakes! Who knows who we could end up with for our nominee. SURELY we couldn't have a chance against Obama at that point, which is my biggest concern.
I am very opinionated I know, but I HAVE done a lot of my own homework on multiple issues versus just taking the media at it's word. I just hate the media and most everything they have to say. They love to twist words around, take snippets of video clips to fit perfectly with their point, and throw out random, dishonest accusations. Honesty has become one of the lowest things on their priority list. If you're going to make a real informed decision about who to vote for....think for yourselves, study the facts and issues, look and see what is really happening around you and ignore the media.
There is my political rant for the blog. If you disagree...well it's my blog and I can say what I want...HAHA. I really am glad I got to vote, it felt good watching the news later that night, seeing Romney's success in Wisconsin, and knowing I was apart of it and that my vote did matter.
Now I am moving to California in several weeks and well......not sure if I will make much difference there come November, but you never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment