Monday, February 27, 2012

February Wrap-up

Quite a few happenings going on around here for us this February.  I managed to get a few pictures.  Cody has been doing his Internal Medicine rotation this month and his hours are pretty much working every day (with 3 days off for the month) from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. or if he is on call 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and some over night shifts as well.  Needless to say, it has mostly been me and Talmage at home and a few random moments with a tired/ornery Cody (can't blame the guy).  Topping things off, we have passed back and forth to each other all month long; colds, coughs, stuffy noses, muscle aches, sore throats, pains and headaches (yes, even headaches, they are contagious). Tal and I kept busy running errands as usual, going to playgroup; Library rhyme time, Valentine Party (which I hosted at my house), Monkey Joe's bouncy house, and a delicious lunch with friends.  There has been a plethora of Zumba classes that I taught this month as well as some fun girl outings, and I even attended book club.  Yes! I am taking part in book club with my friends.  It has been so much fun being able to discuss a book, amongst other things, with a bunch of ladies who actually care about dissecting everything in a certain character or plot.  Unlike Cody who could care less to hear my ramblings or thoughts on a "chick-fllickish" book.  I have forgotten how much I enjoy reading.  We (me and Tal) have also been babysitting for friends.  It works out great though, because most the time it's an exchange, allowing us to save some money and have some freedom from the toddler.  Talmage loves it too, because he gets to play with his friends, it wears him out and he ends up sleeping great at nap- or bed- time. 

Talmage and Cadel
 Penny and Talmage

I didn't get pictures of others that we have played with but you know who you are, thanks for watching/playing with Talmage.

I can't remember if I already wrote about this or not, but we decided when we do buy Tal a new bed, it is going to be a twin instead of a toddler bed, and since we're moving in a few months we don't want to buy new furniture just yet.  So he has been sleeping on his crib mattress on the floor.  It works out good though because he can't fall far if he rolls off.  You may be wondering why he is sleeping in only a diaper in the middle of winter?  Well, we have a space heater in his room and turn it on at night for him, plus we put him in his pajamas don't worry.  I always check on him after he has fallen asleep and before I go to bed.  I found him like this one night so I had to get a picture.  He had turned the heater to full blast hot air and must've gotten hot, unzipped and taken off his pjs and fell asleep (also with the lights on).  What a turd.




On one of Cody's earlier nights off we went out for a family valentines dinner.  Chiles! YUM!  We all got a little spiffier looking than usual, so I set the camera timer and took some shots of our family.




Only shot that turned out decent.  Don't mind the shiny picture behind us.  I really need to get some REAL family photos taken of us and disperse them among the Grandmas who have been waiting for REAL photos for a long time.  Sorry.  Maybe this spring.


Happy February.  Onto March and soon......match day. AAAAAaaaaahh!

3 comments:

  1. I read your posts and enjoy following you on your journey...things I would not have known otherwise. So keep it up as much as you can! We (Zach,Alyda, Zaylin and I)really are wishing you all the best on the big move. You all deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts! That Tal is one dapper little man... And that is a great timer shot of all of you :). We have given up on those, ours are always rediculous :). Just yesterday Ian and I were saying how we really wish we could come see you in WI before u leave. Total bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete