I can't believe how fast the time is flying. It seems like yesterday I was driving across country to Wisconsin, with Cody (and my mom) in our rental Budget truck looking for a place to live. That was almost 4 years ago. Now in a few, count them (3), short months, we will be loading up all our worldly possessions again (add a toddler to the mix) and heading hopefully west, to start our lives ALL OVER again!
I hate the amount of time they (the ones who planned the dates for medical students and residents to graduate and then start working) give us to adjust our whole lives around. We find out EXACTLY where we are moving on March 16th (that is in 19 days). We graduate and basically plan on moving out at the end of May (that is in 95 days). That gives us from the day we find out where we are going to the the actual moving out part, 76 days to get our affairs in order, just a little over two months. In that time, we hope to buy a house as well. I am VERY excited about this, just not the quickness that it all happens in.
The other part, that I hate the most, is the good friends we are going to have to say goodbye to. Being far from home and family, we have really built ourselves a little "family" here in Wisconsin. Some of those friends are also moving to other states and some are staying in Milwaukee, but all in all they are friendships that I know will be eternal. Whether we get to see them in person again in this life or not I know we will be great friends in the next. I will miss them the most.
This is going to be a very bittersweet next couple months. A lot of changes, for good and bad, but mostly good. I am just excited and impatient, to finally get some answers to where we start the next phase of our life (5 years for Ortho residents). I am excited for Cody to have a "real job" after all the years of school and hard work. Cross your fingers, mmmmm, scratch that, PRAY, that we match and get a job, even though I feel like we will, it never hurts to ask for a little help.
Those are my thoughts about every 5 minutes of every day. I have been keeping pretty busy to keep my mind off of it all. I will try and post some random pictures soon of this last months events. I've just been a little preoccupied and stressed to worry too much about blogging. I know the people who read this are family and close friends anyways and mostly know what is going on in our lives. But that is that.
I am so with you, hasn't med school been a crazy fun adventure. It is so exciting that the light is at the end of the tunnel! I'd take your 76 days, we get 42! Someone forgot that med school students have families around here! We will keep you in our prayers and KNOW you will match somewhere awesome! Looking forward to the big news!
ReplyDelete