Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I must say Thanksgiving started off really well, especially for Talmage.  He somehow managed to grab my pie tin (that had leftover crumbs in it) when I wasn't looking.  I found him later on the couch just licking away and cleaning it out.


Then we turned on some holiday music and set up our small stash of Christmas decorations. Talmage always gets to put the Star on top of the tree.


We took naps in the afternoon, and then woke up to make our part of Thanksgiving dinner.  Our dear friends, the Burtis' (Chuck, Shay and Penny), who were coming over later that evening to eat with us, brought the turkey, potatoes & gravy, yams, and pumpkin pie. Yummy!


 It was great company, and a delicious feast.  None of us even finished our first plates we were all so full.  The boys, for some strange reason, didn't even eat a slice of pie.  What! Unheard of!  But we had a lot of good leftovers.

I decided to take this opportunity to have a mini photo shoot, since we were all dressed and looking spiffy.  The children were adorable, I must say so myself.  Here are some cute ones of Penny and Talmage in their Santa Hats.




A few sore attempts to get them both looking at the camera.



This was precious.  Talmage giving her a kiss when we asked him too.


Then of course a picture of Santa and his Reindeers (That is exactly what we are, we heed to his every beck and call).


I saved the best picture for our Christmas card, so I suppose this picture is a bit of a spoiler. Oh well.  We want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and hope your stomach's, but more importantly, your joy, was full on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment