Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Breaking Dawn

Every year our branch has a Super Saturday Activity where we get together at the church building and do a bunch of crafts.  This just happened to be a crazy day for me.  I first started the day off teaching my Zumba class at Curves, luckily I found a sub to teach my other Zumba class at the WAC, because I was in charge of teaching one of the crafts at the Super Saturday. I also signed up to make three other crafts (I will have to post a picture of all the crafts I made, so cute).  Let us just say, this activity started at 10 am and I didn't get home until around 3:30 pm., and because of the many break-ins at church lately and regular church protocol, we have to have a Priesthood holder at the building at all times while we are there.  My darling, amazing Cody, came and stayed in the nursery and watched the kids for the entire 5 1/2 hours (poor guy).  Us ladies all decided a few weeks ago that we were all going to go together to the new movie that just came out, Breaking Dawn, that same night.  Cute Karisa brought her camera and attempted, multiple times, to get a picture of all of us together in the theater.  They mostly turned out blurry, then this really sweet stranger sitting next to me offered to take a picture from her phone and send it to my email.  Here are her best shots.  Me, Shay, Leah, Karisa, Valerie, and Anna.  Then there was also Jenny, Chali, Dianna, and Katie that didn't lean over for this picture, I assume because we had already attempted a few times and they stopped paying attention by this point.


After the movie we piled out of the theater and blocked the doorways while talking about the cheesy parts, intense parts and the sexy parts of the movie (there were a lot of sexy parts, I mean, the movie starts with Jacob taking off his shirt). It was fun to get away from the kids for a night and act like teenage girls.  

Once we were told to move away from the doors, we attempted a few more blurry pictures by the poster.  After several shots that weren't working,  Karisa found out that her flash wasn't on and fixed the situation but our photographer took off, but then randomly another kind stranger finally got this shot of us below.  The best part was when all of us said in unison, after the flash went off,  "That was it."  Pretty funny moment.

Here is the whole gang that night. Left to right: 
Dianna, Chali, Anna, Katie, Leah, Jenny, Karisa, Valerie, Shay, and Me.

After wards we all went our separate ways.  Shay and I drove together so we went for some fries and hot chocolate afterwards and then stayed up until 11:30 talking.  Have I mentioned how awesome Cody is for letting me do this?  Also, did I mention how good of a friend Shay is?  She is that person for me, that if she wasn't out here in Milwaukee, things would be much lonelier and lot less fun. (Not to mention her daughter Penny and Talmage are boyfriend and girlfriend, they even sealed the deal with a hug and kiss).  Shay has been like a sister though and I really appreciate her.


The title of this post isn't called Breaking Dawn because we saw the movie, it is also because of what happens next on this already crazy day.  

I walk in the door at 11:30  and sit down with Cody for a minute and then Talmage wakes up from his sleep and starts crying, normally I would ignore him, but it was a different kind of cry.  I went and checked on him, gave him a hug. He was BURNING hot.  I took his temperature which read 103.6.  We gave him a cool bath, had him drink some ice water and tickled his bare skin to calm him down.  He was miserable.  He wouldn't stop crying, unless I was holding him, soft tickling him or he was watching Diego.  He also threw up several times that night.  We went through all of our sheets and blankets, our entire apartment smelled like barf.  Poor kid was in so much pain, he went from high fever to shivering with chills, to throwing up and back to fever, all night long.  Lets just say we Broke Dawn that day.  He is better now for those who worry.  Completely himself again, but it was bad, we even missed church.  But at least it is over with and he can have a good Thanksgiving right?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jocelyn! I don't know what I would do without you here! You are my best friend and I think you are the most awesome person, I can't wait for Talmage and Penny's wedding..haha Breaking Dawn was fun. I want to go to it again:)

    ReplyDelete