Friday, July 29, 2011

Medieval Times

Our good friends, Chali and Kaipo had this great idea one day that we should all go to Medieval Times in Chicago together.  She had a discount coupon for 4 people for half price.  We of course said yes!  It was all our first times except for Cody's (he went a long time ago and was on the Blue team which lost).  We dressed black hoping to be on a winning team.  Chali and Kaipo dressed blue, which was funny, because we all ended up on the Blue team anyways.  Cody's hopes were not high.
By the swords
There were a lot of cool decorations to look at while we waited to get seated in the arena.
I think their Anniversary was in a few days.  What a cute couple.

Talmage actually enjoyed his crown.  The workers called him young Squire.

They called the men Lords.
They would address us women as, "My Lady" (which I think I will have Cody start saying to me from now on, I like it)
They got Talmage a sword, such nice people.  He might be a little young for it though, because the other day he came running in the room swinging it at me... I hid it for the future.
Chali entertained Talmage while we waited for them to Knight a  billion kids and adults for different occasions, such as birthdays, anniversary's etc) Chali and Kaipo didn't tell them about theirs though.   I would've loved to see them get knighted.
Talmage loves Chali.

We Finally got to enter the Arena...of course Blue was the last team to go in.  But I think we got the best seats.  They started us off with hot Tomato Bisque Soup and French Bread.
We had no utensils to eat with, it was very "Medieval"
Excited to start the show!

The announcer of the teams.

Yellow Team
Black and White Team
Red and Yellow Team
Green Team 
(He turned bad and wanted to overthrow the Kingdom)
Red Team
And best of ALL...The BLUE TEAM
He had very long hair.  

He got the loudest cheer (I am sure it helped we had a bunch of young girls sitting in the front row screaming their lungs out at the handsome knight)

United Kingdom...until Green turned sour.
I mentioned earlier Talmage loves horses...he was neighing almost the entire time.  He loved it!
They had a horse show while we had our soup and an entire small chicken and ribs.  This horse was able to get all four legs off the ground..INCREDIBLE!
Then The Sword Fighting and Jousting Tournament begins, to see who would be the strongest to fight the Green Team from over throwing the Kingdom

Blue was doing VERY well...our hopes were high.

 Then RED beat him..ahhhhh..Boooooooo!
Then we had a pastry for dessert, finished watching the show and then wandered around afterwards.

Horses on display.
Very fun night! I would recommend you try it sometime in your life (find a coupon though it can be expensive.) Thanks Chali and Kaipo for a fun night out.


1 comment:

  1. I totally want to go now! They have something like this in Vegas at Excalibur. It was way fun when I was little... I might need to bribe Chuck to take me:)

    ReplyDelete