Friday, January 10, 2014

November Wrap Up


 November was a lot more mellow then October.  Tal had his very last game of the Season. they were undefeated of course.  We celebrated after the game with some friends at a pancake restaurant, Batter Up.  It is so delicious. If anyone comes to visit me, I'm taking you there. They had a little award ceremony at a Pizzeria the next week.  The kids all got medals and cake.  It was a fun season and a fun team of people.

Talmage was also on the local news.  His preschool classroom got recorded, it was for some story on classroom sizes in Fresno.  There he is on his blue square.


Talmage got to play part of one of the 10 Lepers in Primary Sharing Time.  He's in the red sweater in front of the microphone.  Either he has stage fright or he's doing a really good impression being a sick leper.


Talmage and Tristan also got locked inside the van one morning.  I should rephrase, I got locked out of the van.  My house keys were in there with them and Tal was still in his toddler carseat which is really hard for him to unbuckle.  So I was locked out of the house, outside of the car and Talmage couldn't unlock the doors from the inside.  I luckily had my phone in my pocket.  I called the fire department and they had no other emergencies at the time, so they came and opened the door for us.
I was very calm, but the fire fighter on the other end of the line was so SERIOUS.  I answered all the questions and told him no one was in danger, it was a cool morning etc.  The car wasnt even running.  He still reasssured me a million times they were on their way and it would be okay, to stay calm and keep answering questions. It was almost comical.  They got there very quickly and out popped three men in red suspenders ready to rescue this damsel in distress.  This picture is courtesy of my neighbor, Kisha, laughing out loud from across the street. She found our visitors very entertaining. Talmage and Tristan weren't even crying.  I unbuckled Talmage and got him out of the van.  He was so excited to see the firemen and the fire truck.  They all gave him a high five and a sticker.  We got Tal to school late that morning with a great story to tell and a souvenir to prove it.


November was a warm and happy month, with lots of visits to the park.  Cody started working at the CRMC Community Regional Medical Center.  Which is the downtown Fresno hospital, which is always crazy busy.  Hence we hardly saw him this month, which is basically what the next three months after that one will be like.  Starting in February he will work at a different hospital, hopefully with lighter hours.


It was also a month of firsts.  Tristans first haircut at 15 1/2 months.  It started getting a little scraggly looking.




 We left a lot on there just cut off the scragglies.


Talmage has been working towards buying himself a trampoline.  One way he earns money is by recycling bottles and cans. He has a blast doing this.  He picks up bottles on our walks and Cody brings some stuff home from the hospital.  They have a doctors lounge with a ton of empty cans laying around.  Cody crushes them and brings them home for Tal.  Then when we are all filled up we take them to a CRV and redeem them for 5 cents a piece. All the money goes into Tals bank.  It's actually quite funny because every time Tal sees a bottle on the ground, he gets all excited and yells, "Look! Five cents!" You'd be surprised how many empty bottles you find all over the place.  For some reason the boys thought it would be funny to get into the recycling boxes one day.  Of course Tristan started it, him and his obsession with getting into things.  I thought it was cute.  


He did this all on his own I kid you not, Tristan has the weirdest sense of humor.


Talmage wanted in on the fun.


Tristan, once again did this on his own.


Tal also wanted to be in on it.


Thanksgiving was quiet. No extended family, just the four of us.  Cody had to work, so we celebrated the next day.  I made us a feast.  It was still delicious.  Then we went and stood in line for 5 hours at Best Buy and got ourselves some smart phones for free! It was worth it.  We have now joined the network.  It's nice to be able to access facebook or instagram whenever I want.  I already feel more connected to my friends and family all over the country. 

.... and that was November in a wrap.




No comments:

Post a Comment