October we finished with another BANG! Talmage had his last few games of the season and finally seemed to start enjoying them more...He loves the practices, like I said before, but put him in uniform and it's all down hill from there (but I suppose a lot of the kids are that way). The coach had to hold their hands...it was cute. I got a few snaps of Tal smiling and enjoying himself at one of his last games.
TEAM CHEER: "1...2...3...Blue Rockets!!!!"
Can't get beat by a girl..especially one wearing a tutu.
Yea, good defense Talmage!
Celebrate undefeated season!
That same night we went to our ward Halloween party. Cody wasn't able to make it..go figure. I let Tal go barefoot as Jack Frost and Tristan went as a turtle. It was so warm that day and some idiot turned the furnace on in the building. It was roasting in the church...I ended up stripping Tristan down. Everyone was sweating while we ate our hot chili, but it was still way fun. They had a TRUE haunted house...I guess someone does it professionally in our ward. Thay had an entire hallway decked out. I thought since there were little kids in line it would be silly and fun...boy was I wrong! I went through with Tal and Tris and they were both in tears and freaked out by the end. Oops.
They had so many games and prizes for the little kids, great food..I contributed a delicious tomato bisque from scratch if anyone wants the recipe. Very easy and SO good.
We have an awesome ward. They really go all out.
For Talmages preschool Halloween parade He went dressed as an old man. They can't wear masks, anything scary or have swords...That takes out more options then you would think. Since Jack frost is barefoot and has a stick..we went with the old man. He really pulled it off though.
Dad and DeEtte pulled up to Fresno...Halloween time seems to be their favorite time to come visit us. We really loved having them here. We did more than we thought we would get to do in their short visit and Cody even had a few days off. I really need to start pushing for people to come visit us in the summertime...I swear it is so fun..Anytime people...anytime!
The first thing we did is drove up to Yosemite. We didn't go on a major hike because we weren't dressed for the weather as you can see. It was so majestic! It's crazy to think there are trees 10 times the size of that one that we didn't even get to see. Cody was wearing shorts and t-shirt...silly boy. So we draped him with baby and blanket.
Tris was in awe, pointing and saying "oooh"
Love those little buck teeth coming in.
He loves to just fall back and dangle. Makes him laugh everytime.
Tal was having a blast throwing snowballs at Papa. Well, Papa started it afterall.
Watch out! ha ha ha
The funny part was Talmage forcing Papa to make snowballs for him to throw.
The next day was Halloween. We went to a friends party that I was planning on going to. I wished I had taken more pictures of the food. It was so creative and fun. Deette made the majority of the DEviled Spider Eggs that we brought. There was mummy juice boxes, vampires blood in syringes (red jello), peanut butter and jelly tombstone sandwhiches, monster goo (slush), mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in rolls), puking pumpkin (guacamole coming out of a carved pumpkin) etc. The adults ate some delicious chicken tortilla soup (I have that recipe too).
Then we all gathered out bags and children and went around the neighborhood and trick-or-treated.
It was so much fun and we had a very large group. Tal barely got to the door sometimes before the older kids were already yelling, "trick-or-treat." It was so nice to have these two there again. Of course me and DeEtte took a few hours to go to Forever 21 while she was here also. It's like our thing to do when she visits, I look forward to it every time. We got home and had a little fashion show, puttting together fun outfits for me to wear from my closet. I consider her my personal stylist. LOL
The next day they took off, because they had another trip to D.C. in a few days...those crazies! It was so fun to have them for a few days.
That pretty much wraps up October this year!
















No comments:
Post a Comment