Just a few catch up notes for my family journal.
One of our (Talmages) favorite Family Home Evening spots. Blackbeards mini golfing. It's a really cute course and we have fun every time. We always get Sonic slushies before we go. The boys love it.
My calling in Relief Society always keeps me busy. Not only do we have weekly responsibilities, but also every month we are planning something large and grandiose. Not sure why we do this to ourselves. The last week of November we had a Gratitude and Craft night. The craft was a grateful Tree. I made the one below in the picture. You can cut out paper leaves and write down things your grateful for and put them on the branches. I haven't taken a picture with the leaves, but it turned out really cute. It's a year round tree because you can decorate it for each month if you want. Like hearts for Valentines or Eggs for Easter, etc.
I also do lots of swapping of favors with friends, because when you don't live around family you can't abuse them, or I mean take advantage of them, or I mean...okay either way if I lived by family I gaurantee I'd have babysitters on a weekly basis, for free! So me and my friends we take turns babysitting or having eachother over for dinner. My friend had me take her family pictures for her. I told her I'm horrible at it, but she didn't care. So here they are...my mediocre pictures of her adorable family. It was freezing cold that day and she had her kids all shivering the enitre time in flip flops and short sleeves.
Then we had another Relief Society activity only a couple weeks later. Kill me now. It was way too much! Over the top. I didn't make the final decisions, but I was apart of it. It did turn out amazing though as you can see from the pictures. We had a "White Christmas" Dinner, with our focus being on Temple work.
Hot cocoa bar and a fully serviced dinner and dessert.
Then life got a little bit back to normal, only for a few days. Hanging out with Tristan in the mornings while Tal was in Preschool. I just love the leaves in our front yard. Even more than that, I love my little marshmallow baby.
The work had piled up....literally
Tristan hung out in his favorite places while he watched me get the house back in order.
Next project was making a train for Talmages 4th Birthday party. It brought out my creative side and brought back fun memories of when I used to paint. We painted 12 boxes, including an Engine and Caboose. I let Talmage help on some of them, he loved that part of it. Then of course Tristan got to help test it out when we were done..
Then on Talmages actual birthday we woke up tired and sore from all the work. No not really, but we were sad because Cody was gone for the majority of the day and so we did low key activities until his Party a few days later (which was way to much work). But you can betchya he loved every moment! Next post.













No comments:
Post a Comment