Thursday, November 28, 2013

Friends, Fitness and Fairs

October was another one of those months that just flew by because there was so much that happened.  My good friend Stacy (in the pink shirt) moved in October.  We went to a goodbye party and shed a few tears.  These girls (and several more not in the picture) have been such a  blessing in my life! They have kept me sane and happy this last year and a half.  I thought it was hard leaving Milwaukee and saying goodbye to those friends...I can't even imagine saying goodbye to these ladies when the time comes in 2017. Aaahhh!  I grow too attached I guess. We do a lot together, whether it's park day, or going shopping, relief society activities, island water park, or girls night.  We also do fit group together.  It's a little something I put together.  I teach 2 or 3 times a week at the church, doing zumba, strength training, pilates or a combo.  We have so much fun and our kids run around the building.  In the summer time we had regular babysitters coming, but with school back in they aren't available anymore.  None of us mind the copious amount of children running at our feet, because we all have kids and understand.  After each exercise we usually stick around and chat, which is our favorite part.  I love these girls! Have a I mentioned that yet?
Grace, Me, Stacy, Amber, Brittney

Tristan and his situations he gets himself into.  Have I mentioned he loves getting into things?  This was at the park one day.


A few days later me and my buddy Britt went to the fair together with our kids.  Our husbands both work a lot so we get to hang out and keep eachother entertained often.  They were the same ones we would go to the water park with.  She has a daughter, Sailor, that is Tal's age and a son, Riggins, that is only one day apart from Tristan.  We spent the entire day there and every minute of it was fun! There were way too many fun things to do.  We couldn't get it all in.  I couldn't keep from laughing at the kids, every time they squealed with joy at a new things to see, do, try or eat etc.



Went in the farm area and petted all the small animals and actually watched a lamb be born right in front of our eyes. 




Watched the cloggers for awhile.  Tal and Sailor really got into it.


Panning for gold and pretty rocks.  They got to take a small bag home.



Found our favorite super heros on random walls.


The best part were the rides.  Tal didn't stop laughing the entire time.  His first date with Sailor on the ferris wheel.



Hanging out in the tree house and all the fun slides and ropes.


They had the most amazing pirate ship display/treehouse/slide/walkway etc. Pictures don't do any of it justice.  Most of these pictures where taken with my crappy phone camera.  I wish I would remember to bring my nice camera more often.




These guys were legit pirates...okay they looked pretty realistic atleast.  You almost thought it was the real Jack Sparrow at first!


We finally got home around 10 30 p.m.  I dressed the boys in their diapers and pjs before buckling them in the car and they were fast asleep by the time we got home.  It really was the best day.  I'm glad I had Brittney to share it with.  I wish Cody had the time off to do more stuff like this, but unfortunately Saturdays are considereed another work day in the surgical world.





1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear about the "church workout club" haha, that is where I've made some of my best friends. I learned well in AZ and did the same thing here. Good for you Jocelyn! ...and the pic with the cloggers makes my heart happy. :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete