Oh where to begin...My little baby is growing up so fast! I cannot believe that he turned 5 months on May 2nd!
It feels like it was just yesterday that we were bringing him home from the hospital. He sure has changed a lot since that first day though. It is amazing to watch day to day, the subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) changes that a baby goes through. For instance he surprised us all at 7 weeks, he flipped over from his stomach to his back. Then he got FAT and didn't have the strength to roll over again until just recently. He actually won't flip over if we are watching. I will put him on his stomach and then leave the room. I will come back 30 seconds later and he is on his back. If I were to put him on his stomach and look at him and tell him to flip over, he will sit there and smile at me, then eventually cry for help. Hmmmmm...
He is learning that crying gets him what he wants. There have been many times when going down for bed when he will start crying, not just your regular crying, but the horrific cry that makes you wonder if there is something wrong, so I go check on him and what do you know?! He doesn't have a single tear in his eyes and has a big fat gummy grin on his chunky little face. Slowly I will start to put him back down and then the breathing starts to pick up and then the whimpering and then a full out bawl. It used to break my heart and I would think, "Oh he just loves me so much how can I resist, am I horrible to let him cry?" The answer is NO! I have learned it is good....Let him cry (of course if I know that he is changed, fed, warm, safe and not sick). We love our little boy and I am so grateful to be his mommy. Cody loves every minute he can spend with Talmage (which isn't a lot). He swings him around and holds him upside down, tickles him and basically gets him squealing very loudly.
He is one VERY LOVED little baby!
He has learned so many skills! I don't know where these things come from either. Out of nowhere he will start doing something. There are no half attempts at anything, all of a sudden he is just doing it, whatever it be. For example; He has this green frog that hangs on his car seat, it makes a rattling sound when you pull the string. He would always just look at it, he would never grab the string. Then one day I hear the rattle go off. I look at him and he grabs it and does it again and again and then again.
He just recently started holding his bottle with both his hands.
He is realizing that his hands can be very useful. He can grab all kinds of things with them. Some of those things he grabs are not very pleasant experiences for me (especially after he grabs, he squeezes and then pulls the object). Those things include: my hair, my lips, my nipples (sorry but he does and ouch!!!). The cuter things he grabs: his binky (and actually puts it in his mouth), his toys, his ears, and my favorite... his toes.
His other skills include squeaking, drooling, smiling, flipping over (kind of), almost sitting up on his own, making many strange faces and mostly just being a stud muffin!
What adorable pictures! I love it when they start holding on to their toes... time does fly, I'm glad you are enjoying it. We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics, Jocey! And, oh my, you are not alone on the grabbing things! I'm practically bald now.
ReplyDeleteYeah I am considering cutting my hair really short.
ReplyDelete