The day started out sleeping in, having a good breakfast and lazily packing our stuff to go to the beach. Then we all went to eat lunch at EE-Sane. It is a Thai restaurant that is amazingly delicious. Cody ordered Pad Thai Prick with a spicyness of 14 on a scale of 1 to 10. I ordered Chicken Curry with Peanuts and a 2 on spicy scale. YUM!
Talmage ordered a lukewarm bottle with a spicy scale of zero... Lets just say he didn't enjoy his food as much as we enjoyed ours. :)
The beach was relaxing. We attempted to throw a frisbee but it was way too windy. So eventually we just walked around and made fun of all the people and their scandalous outfits (saw lots of butt cheeks hanging out). Talmage was in shock! We laughed. It was fun.
Talmages favorite position for walking, on Cody's shoulders, gripping his long locks to keep himself up. We ended our beach outing with a large chocolate, heath bar, oreo crust concrete. YUM AGAIN!!!
We went home and cleaned up a little and then popped in the car and headed south to Kenosha, where there was a drive-in theater playing Shrek 3 and Iron Man 2. Talmage was ready and excited!
Making sure we had a good parking spot where we could see the screen, but also making sure to check his blind spot for other vehicles. He will be a great driver someday.
We got there a little early so while we were waiting for the sun to go down we set up the car so it was comfy for everyone. But Talmage got a little stir crazy being in the car that long.
*NOTE*
NEVER BUY FOOD AT THE DRIVE IN CONSESSION STANDS!!!! If you can even call it that....it was not food! The burgers looked like they were probably cooked the day before, placed in a tinfoil bag and placed in a heated drawer overnight. The meat somehow was soggy, the bun stuck to the meat and was hard and stale. There where no tomato's, pickles, lettuce, nothing but ketchup and mustard. We were still starving but very hesitant to order any other "food". I asked how the pizza was. She said people really liked it and that they made it from scratch, (plus the picture looked delicious). SO I ordered the pizza. I watched her pull out a circular piece of cardboard, slop some tomato soup on it and sprinkle it with frost bitten mozzarella cheese. She placed it under the heater for 5 minutes wrapped it in a big paper bag and while handing it to me said "that 'll be 8 dollars and twenty five cents"!
We were trying to be honest and not bring any of our own food into the theater like the rules state....But next time we are bringing our on food!
The sun went down and we enjoyed our movies and we got home at 2 a.m.!! Some may be thinking. Crazy people!! But I loved our anniversary! I wouldn't change it for the world. I have many new memories to laugh at! The point of an anniversary to me is to spend time with my love, enjoy our time together, laugh and play. We did all that.
That being said. It has been 2 years being married to Cody and the time has gone so quickly, we have so many wonderful memories to look back on already. He is my best friend, my happiness, my life! I love him with everything that I am. I am such a blessed woman to have such an amazing husband and partner. I am a better person because of him and am grateful that God had us meet in that little room at Cafe Sabor in Logan Utah on May 5th of 2006!
You guys are so cute! I just love your posts, so very, very clever! I'm glad you guys got at least one good meal in that day!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You guys are great!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I'm glad you had a fun day!
ReplyDeleteSounds good to me! who needs something romantic, it's about getting out and doing something. Happy Late anniversary! so is cody growing his hair out or something????
ReplyDelete