Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Holy Pokes!

Me: Good morning Talmage! Happy 4 Month Birthday today!
Tal: A geez.. Thanks mom. I hope it's a good day!

Me: Well, unfortunately I have some bad news.
Tal:Oh no! What is it?

Me: We have an appoinment with your doctor later today.
Tal: I remember last time. It was pretty scary getting poked by those needles! Glad that is over with.

Me: I hate to tell you bud....but, you need to get those pokes again.
Tal: What?! Why?!!! Mother!!! I can't mom, don't make me?

Me: Don't worry, it will be quick and you will forget all about it later. I'm sorry squirt, but, I remember how well you took it last time. Are you going to be okay?
Tal: Does this look like a face that forgets? Does this look like a face that is going to be okay?


(He did cry a little -break my heart-- but he has already forgotten. His stats: 50% for weight at 14 pounds, 75% for length at 25 inches, 50% for head circumference, and checked out a perfectly healthy boy! Doc said it was okay to start on the rice cereal and introducing some fruits and veggies)

5 comments:

  1. Holy crap. Could I be giving my little baby rice cereal and fruits and veggies in just 6 short weeks? Crazy!

    Hope the shots went okay and that he sleeps alright tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He makes such cute faces!!! Zane definately doesn't handle getting poked as well as Talmage does. What a brave boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, your dialogue just cracks me up every single time. I just love cute little Talmage and his round head and big eyes-so adorable! Glad all went well at the doctor and that he's so big and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby, some people opt to wait on the fruits, veggies and cereal. They strictly breast feed. Some believe that babies grow allergies early on if they are fed foods too early. And some babies have a hard time digesting the foods. I haven't given him anything yet and the usual is 6 months old. But my doc thinks he is ready if we want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha talmadge makes the best expressions! luv him! can't wait to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete