Monday, March 29, 2010

Life Lately: Cody's Birthday

Since my last post there have been quit a few things going on around here, and we have been kinda busy. I can't even decide where to begin. Cody's Birthday scavenger hunt, a Utah trip with Talmage to see my family for a week, throwing a baby shower for a friend, working again at P.F. Changs, Primary responsibilities, in and out of the docs office, explaining my goal of running a half marathon, Talmage growing and changing daily, Cody in school and of course all the miniscule details of every day... Laundry, dishes, cleaning, shopping, cooking, entertaining baby, running errands, etc (I have over 100 pictures of most of these events and I posted them on facebook if you are interested). I will try to show you a few of the pictures of the going ons....

1.Cody's Birthday scavenger hunt.


He had to solve clues that would take him all over the place to find different birthday gifts.

It started with breakfast in bed (kind of) and he got his first clue on his orange juice.


Which took him to the basement,


Which is where he found his gift from his family. They got a P90X for him. The next clue had him go upstairs and cut his hair.


He found the clue in his clippers which took him to the car,


The next clue took him to the mall,


Where he got a new t-shirt. The next clue took him to the photo booth.


Where all three of us squeezed in. The next clue took him to Blockbuster,


Where he bought some movies (Transformers 2 and Marley & Me). The next clue took him to Papa Murphy's


Where he got a yummy pizza (5 meat and white sauce), which took him back home to bake the pizza.


After he ate he got other clues to find his next few gifts around the house that were hidden.


He got a tennis racquet and tennis balls from my parents.


He got a pair of fleece p.j.s that I sewed for him.


He received a bunch of his favorite goodies to last him the whole week while I was gone.


He also got a white chocolate, raspberry cheesecake, with oreo crust, that I made from scratch for his Birthday cake.
Lets just say he was glad he waited 2 weeks after his actual birthday to celebrate. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, watching movies and enjoying the day together.

Well I am out of time .... until my next post, which will probably be about my trip to Utah.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun-filled day! Glad you had a nice time. And Jocelyn, you are super-wife! That is a lot of running around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! How do you find the time?! I'm excited to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a little time every day for a month to think of the clues. The sewing took the most time, but it was worth it to see his happy face.

    ReplyDelete