Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break: Trip to Utah

Talmage and I went to St. George, Utah for spring break to visit my family.And yes....we flew on the plane alone...without Cody to be my helper. Even though me and Tal were "alone" we weren't really. It was very interesting. Tal and I got delayed 6 hours in the minneapolis airport together and we had a lot of different strangers coming up to us and offering help and some just wanting to talk. One older man came up and talked to me while I was in the middle of Nursing Tal. He wouldn't go away. Then another older lady basically took Tal from me and told me to relax and she would help whenever I needed her and I was to look for her in the plane. I got another mother with her baby chatting with me, she loaned me a diaper since I hadn't packed enough because I wasn't planning on being in the airport all day. So getting to Utah was weird, but once we got there....oh man it was a whirlwind. We drove down to St. George the next morning with Ash, Banx and Gracie. 3 little monkeys sitting in their individual car seats completely filled the backseat ( I wish I had taken a picture of it now. It was pretty hilarious stuffing us all in there. Then I realized that is what Ash and Billy's car is going to look like when they have their third child. Ha ha GOod luck you two!) It was a nice ride down just chatting and catching up with my older sis. She is such a good mommy! She was able to get Tal, Banx, Gracie and herself out of the car in a matter of minutes and already ordered some Wendy's food and had them sitting down eating all while I dashed to the bathroom (I drank too much fresca).

Ash and the 3 little monkeys
Monkey 1 : Banxton

Monkey 2 : Gracie

Monkey 3 : Talmage


Seriously people, she is super mom! I hope I have even a smidgeon of her motherly ways in me! She was such a great help with Tal the whole time too. I would leave for a second and I would come back and everything would be all better, whether it was changing his diaper or propping him up in his chair so he was happy etc. She also had her own two children to take care of. Thank heavens when Billy finally got there the next day! Not that Aunt Kenzie, Uncle Garrett, Uncle Erik and Grandpa weren't helpful, it's just that we didn't want to sluff our children off on them the whole trip, and like Ashley says (Billy is the father of my children, so he is OBLIGATED to help) LOL Love her! Gracie and Banx were also big helpers, they were always taking care of (or pestering) baby Talmage. It was really very sweet.




I did get a lot of help from everyone, they all took time holding him, which helped me a lot. (I have to give props to Uncle Billy and Garrett Wulf ((Mckenzies hunny bunny)), who I never got pictures of, but they held Talmage a lot and were so great with all the kiddies).





And oh boy! Did I need help, because we moved ourselves around a lot! Going back and forth from the cars to the condo, from the cars to a friends house back to the cars, back and forth to different activities.


We went to the sand dunes,

Where some of them flew off the hills

Some slid down the hills, showin off some sweet moves

and others ( hm hm hm ...me) biffed it!

Some just acted like a baby the whole time. :)








We went hiking up a large red rock in Snow Canyon,

All the Reid children and grandchildren.



We went shopping at the outlets,

Old Navy Baby!

Just like his Dad, get's tired just thinking about shopping.

we went out to eat a couple times and we visited Dad's construction site for his new house that is being built. Some went swimming and laid out in the sun. I was able to sit in the hot tub. Which was soooo nice! I also got to hang out with the Pehrsons for a few hours.

He was so excited to see Grandma Pehrson he made himself sick.


But no matter what we did, there was always so much to pack and unpack with three little children. At one point we had Tal, Grace, Banxton, Ashley, Me, Garrett and Mckenzie in one car and the stroller laid across our laps..... just to go shopping! I would never go to that much trouble to go shopping ever again! It was SO fun seeing all my siblings and just hanging out and having fun in the sun for a few days! Mentioning the sun! It was so nice and warm all week. I wore flip flops and t-shirts the whole time! I was exhausted when I got home mostly because I wasn't used to sleeping in the same room as Talmage and his little noises he makes all morning kept me up a great deal! (And props to Aunt Kenz who put up with us every night and in the wee hours of the morning). After that, Mckenzie swore she didn't know how she was ever going to get sleep when she had her own children. I told her you don't get sleep or at least not when you want it or need it most. That might have scared her off for a little while. Hee hee hee. While i was there I even tried giving Talmage some rice cereal for the first time, because he was drnking up to 9 oz at one time and he kept acting like he was never satisfied. He is almost 4 months so I though it was worth a try.


He is a lil piggy! He scarfed the stuff, especially after Ashley told me to try putting a little sugar in it.


Needless to say, I had a blast and I am already missing my family I can't wait to see them again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a fun trip! We were in St. George a few weeks ago, I really love it there. Great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute to see all the pictures. Miss that boy already!

    ReplyDelete