Even though I am not rollin very fast these days. I noticed at work they give me only the sections that are closest to the kitchen. I have to write EVERYTHING down or I will forget. My tables don't turn as fast, cause I don't move as fast. At home, bending over the sink to do dishes for less than 5 minutes and I start to get a burning pain in my back. Putting on my socks and shoes was already difficult before, but now I have the compression socks (for swelling) which take me much effort and strain to put on. These socks are so tight that even putting my hand in them is hard. Any kind of cleaning takes my breath away, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, etc. I just had a check up with the doctor. I am already 1 cm dilated and 40% effaced! That got me really excited and worried at the same time because I thought, "Aaaah! I am not ready yet! I have so much more to get done before the baby comes. I need to do this and this and this..." With me being so much slower and having so much to get done what am I to do in this situation? Well, that's obvious! I call for Superman of course and he comes to my rescue!
Cody has been nothing but AMAZING these last couple weeks. He has been doing all the dishes. He has been putting my compression socks on for me (this is just funny to watch). He gets up to get me stuff whenever I ask for it (even if he is comfortable and sitting down). He rubs icy hot on my back. I came home the other day and the entire house was cleaned, like deep cleaned! He has been making me dinner for after work. Volunteers in the primary when I need it, helps with laundry, grocery shopping and setting up for the halloween party! He goes to "my" birthing classes, (even though he already knows everything). On top of all this he still tells me I'm beautiful, never makes fun of what or how much I am eating, and doesn't complain when I'm complaining. He also makes time, somehow, to go to school and study as much as he does while still passing his classes with honors!
If that doesn't sound like a Superman then I don't know what is!
I love my Superman!
That was so sweet it made me feel a little emotional! Of course, I cried when I watched a Pampers commercial yesterday, so whatever. I do believe that you have scored yourself a good man there, my dear. And oh, what a difference a good man makes!
ReplyDeleteThat is really sweet. It helps so much when you have a supportive helpful husband. You are so tiny by the way and look adorable. I was dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced for over a month with both so that might ease your worry. I am excited for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lucky girl you are! I also have a Superman and am very blessed too. And you look way too cute - I was that big at 5 months!
ReplyDelete