I just realized that there were some posts that I wrote awhile back that needed a follow up post, but I had forgotten about them. For instance...remember the binkies? Seemed like ages ago, you can read the story HERE.
As for the last 2 binkies... I snipped little slits in the ends of them. Talmage hated the feeling of them in his mouth, so he would just spit them out and say, "caca." He whined for his binkies for the rest of that day and the next day, and I happily gave him the "caca" binkies, but reminded him that they were gross. He got to the point were he didn't even want to put them in his mouth when I offered. He apparently accepted the fact that binkies were now gross, because after day 2, he didn't even look for a binky or ask for one.
He has been binky free for over a month and a half now. I am loving the change, but I almost forgot what it was like to have to franticly dig around in my purse or search in the blankets on his bed to find a stinking binky. I almost forgot what it was like to have the stinking binky be the only thing that would calm him down when he was screaming bloody murder in the grocery store or crying from being woken up from a bad dream in the middle of the night. I almost forgot what it was like when he used to whine over and over again in my face,"beantea, beantea, beantea, beantea, beantea," when I wasn't fast enough giving it to him.
The funny part was the fear that came to me one day, while deep cleaning the couches and spotting two lost binkies, thinking he would see them, remember, and start whining for them again. I threw them out fast. I think he saw them though, but he didn't say anything and he has seen lots of other kids with their binkies since then as well. I think I am safe to say we are DONE with that part if our lives. Ahhhhh! YEA!
The follow up to the post about him sort of potty training HERE.
The other day he told me, " Ma ma I poo poo." So I sat him on his training toilet and for the FIRST TIME EVER, he went poop in the potty! I didn't get a picture, because I thought that would be gross, who wants to see poo? :) I tell ya though, he did it! I am not forcing anything, but if he tells me poo again he will be placed on the toilet. End of story...for now. I am sure it will be a long while before he is fully potty trained.
Lately he has been wearing super hero underwear over his diapers and he loves that! Maybe our next step will be underwear with no diapers. I am sure he won't want to poop on Batman or Superman, therefore, subconsciously, forcing him to want to go potty in the toilet. I donna we will see.
Following up with Talmage turning 2 years old and the Animal Rescue Birthday Party (we got really sick the week after that and I didn't want to do anything, so finally here are the stats).
He is definitely growing up. We had his 24 month doctors visit the other week. He is getting so big. He measured up to 36 1/4 inches (90 %) and weighed 30 lbs 2 oz (50%). Tall and lean, not my little chunky bulldog anymore.
He passed his 24 month information survey with flying colors. Communication is normal (still doesn't string more then 3 different ideas together, but says a lot of two word sentences and sometimes three). Gross motor skills he is excelling (he is a klutz though, a fearless one, jumping off things all the time, running straight into walls for fun, banging his head on the door for attention). Fine motor almost excelling (minus not using a spoon or fork properly at meal time, he tries though). Problem Solving (been climbing out of his crib for months, can turn his door knob and open doors, turn on lights, brush his teeth, finds his blanket, pretend plays with his toys, puts the dishes in the sink, the diapers outside, the dirty laundry down the shoot, toys go in the bin, and books on the shelf. Can almost draw a straight line if I show him too. Horizontally and vertically). Personal - Social skills are all normal too (copies almost everything I do, drinks and eats without smashing it all over the place, hugs his stuffed animals, gives hugs and kisses, says, "I" when referring to himself or points of pictures of himself and says, "me", and on occasion shares his toys and plays nicely with other kids. Remember he is entering his terrible two's, so there is some hitting throwing and stealing of toys, as to be expected correct?).
If I was going to be a complainer it would have to be about, 1) he will not eat a vegetable to save his life and 2) he has turned into a bit of a whiner. But, "That too shall pass," someday, hopefully, maybe never, we will see.
At age 2 he loves trucks, trains, cars, dinosaurs, and planes. His favorite shows are Diego, Elmo (Sesame Street), Curious George, Thomas the Train, and The Land Before Time, 1 through ? (who knows how many there are of those). He knows all of his letter sounds, but struggles a little with Q, Y, and J, but still recognizes all of the letters. Working on our numbers and refuses to say, "one" for some reason. Shapes and Colors are a work in progress, but we have enough on our hands with the letters and numbers for now. Has made a habit of crawling into our bed around 6 am or earlier most mornings and slowly but surely kicks Cody out of his spot. We love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment