Monday, April 4, 2011

To Be A Kid Again!

I really cannot take credit for any of the pictures that are posted today.  My friend took all of them and I snagged them from her blog.  Hope that is okay?  I forgot my camera, but I wanted to show a picture of the play group that we went to last week.  

We went to Swiss Turners Gym.  There were all kinds of fun things for the kids to do.  Even though there was a plethora of monkey bars, rope swings, trampolines, foam pits, bouncy pads, balls, ladders, etc, Talmage somehow found it more entertaining to go out to the front lobby, climb up the stairs (that I am sure only staff use) and bang on the glass wall that overlooked the gym.  I swear I only took my eyes off Tal for a second (remember he runs now) and the next thing I see is him up there pounding on the glass.  Other mothers were like, "who's kid is that up there?"  I ran up and got him, he was a little bewildered and unsure of how he got stuck up there. But of course, after I brought him back down, he went straight back up.  I finally had to just throw him in the pit, where he couldn't escape!  Ha ha ha ha!  I got in there with him though, so it wasn't so bad.  I think it is a rule to keep your socks on, for sanitary reasons, but everyone kept losing their socks from the foam pulling on them in the pit , so we took ours off anyways, we didn't want to go home without our socks.  Look at us breaking all the rules. 

It was fun to get out and act like a kid again myself.  I felt like I was 6 all over again in gymnastics.  The tramps were fun and I couldn't stop laughing at Talmage.  I wish I had caught him on camera, it was the most awkward, hilarious effort I have ever seen a baby attempt on a tramp.  His motions were so spastic and jerky, but he loved it, so he kept going. Every time he got any air, his whole body would go rigid and then land straight legged, then start walking again and build up momentum and get air again.  It was a fun day!

Look how tiny baby Kara is at two and a half months.


The pit! 







No comments:

Post a Comment