Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's all worth it.

Disclaimer:  This post has some religious opinions of my own.  If you are uncomfortable or feel you will be offended with that, I am warning you to not read this.

Can I just begin by saying, that being the Primary President in a Branch definitely comes with it's challenges, BUT it is so worth it!   Just last week we had our annual Primary Program.  (We actually combined with the Youth this year because we had such a small number of children).  To give a little bit of a background, some or most of these children come from very extreme situations or broken homes.  They didn't grow up learning the basics of the Gospel in their homes, like many of us did.  They aren't surrounded by neighbors who are all their same religion.  They couldn't walk a few houses down and hang out with their buddies from church who believed the same as them.  Some of their families are new converts to the church and are still figuring out how everything works OR the parents are inactive or non-members.  A lot of them don't have parents who are supportive of church at all.  These kids, despite their circumstances, somehow make it to church most Sundays! Whether they come with their older siblings, their grandparents, aunts, uncles or friends, the fact is that they come. Not only do they come, but for the Program they had written their own parts or had their parts memorized!  That says a lot.  When I was younger I had faithful, church going parents helping me write or memorize my parts. Most these kids have nothing but themselves!!! All that being said.....I am SO Proud of my kids!  My heart swells with joy being able to witness their simple testimonies growing each week.  It is even sweeter knowing that it is completely THEIR DECISION and no one else's.  I love being in the Branch and even though things are worked a little differently and takes some special effort....it is all WORTH IT!!!!


The only picture I got while we were practicing for the program.  Half the kids and leaders weren't in the picture.
The girl in the top left corner (yellow dress) is deaf and was signing all the songs and she also signed her talk as well, while her sister interpreted.  

1 comment: