If you know my families history of going to Lake Powell, you will know that nothing can be perfect. Every single time we go to Powell something HAS to go wrong. It had been at least 6 years since I have been there. The Pehrson's were driving us to Bullfrog and just on cue something went wrong.
At Mile 12 the car started making funny noises so we pulled off the road.
Well we finally made it to the Lake and another 4 or 5 hours later the Pehrson's, not having any where to really fix the car, decided to just drive home,"chitty-chitty bang-bang" style. They made it safely home.
As for the rest of us, we swam, basked in the sun, aired out, boated, floated, napped, hiked, ate, and of course cliff jumped. It was pretty relaxing and a great time. We stayed the nights in a hotel room. We were not prepared for camping in the sand with a baby and a gazillion mosquitos.
Lake Powell = heaven for me, so I'm so glad you made it, and that you had a great time! I LOVE the pics of Talmage, with and "without" the lifejacket!
ReplyDelete