“Be believing, be happy, don't get discouraged. Things will work out.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
Saturday, June 12, 2010
"I Will Never Own a VAN"
Some of you may have already heard... and Yes! We gone and done it! We bought ourselves a Van! We needed another vehicle, it was getting very frustrating between my schedule and Cody's, trying to decide how to make it work out so we both could use the car. Not to mention the early morning or late night, drop off and pickups (sometimes when Talmage was already asleep, couldn't leave him home alone). We looked around a little and came across a used car lot (yes...we cannot afford a new vehicle and wanted to pay for a car in one payment). I came across this Van! I love vans for their space and double sliding doors and well, we are planning on having more kids eventually, so why not get ready for that now. Cody was opposed to the idea of a van, he claimed he would , "Never own a van." OOPS! I was the one who was going to be driving it around, so he gave in and let me choose the vehicle. And here she is....our NEW, old, 2002 Dodge Caravan, with double sliding doors, lots of space (especially in the front next to my seat) So I can put anything I want on the ground without it rolling around by my feet or the passengers feet. Plenty of cup holders, amazing turning radius and a stereo/cd player that works. Power locks and the back two rows of seat come in and out easily. The back door swings up and open easily and there are little hooks on the back seat to hold up my grocery sacks for me. I have been taking every chance I can all weekend to drive it around. Now I am going to be gone for a month. It will be waiting for me when I return. So long New, old van that I love...




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for your new found space! Maybe it is a Monticello thing, but we've said the same thing about a van :) but I'm happy for you! Way to find a good deal and pay upfront! AND...Yay for finishing boards, we will see you SOON!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! We love our Dodge Caravan too! Vans are THE WAY TO GO if you have kids!
ReplyDeleteI WANT A VAN! I have been begging Jack for one, but I am not getting anywhere...
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute passenger you have there too!
I always said I would never own a van too...but once you have kids you really realize how much the extra room is really needed, and nice 3rd row SUV's are double the price.
ReplyDelete