The only thing that kept him "alive" or awake, I suppose, were all the Diet Mountain Dews. That was one days worth shown below.
But no worries, there were a few fun things he was able to do these last couple weeks. Even though our 1 year anniversary was on Wednesday the 27th, we celebrated it on Saturday the 30th when he was done with his tests (thats a whole other story). We did happen to pop out the old Wedding Cake on Wednesday though. This cake might look bad to you, but that is because, well... it looks bad. This cake was put in a cooler and hauled up to logan two weeks after the honeymoon and then put in a cooler again and hauled all the way over to Milwaukee where it was then placed at the bottom of our tiny freezer and rested for several more months. I was very iffy about the whole thing. I took a slice and it wasn't bad. I think it was banana flavored. I couldn't remember, our cake had three layers and a couple different flavors. Normally I would keep eating but, the little baby wasn't too fond. So I only had a little bite. Cody has slowly been working on it He doesn't like to waste anything. But come on, look at that thing. It weighed like 5 pounds and took up a quarter of our freezer. I am so glad it is finally being demolished. Why do people save the cake? Why did we? I donno. I know it's a silly tradition people follow, but I really can't believe we went through the trouble to save ours.
Later on that same night, we decided we would go on a walk around the neighborhood. Get some fresh air and enjoy the warm weather. I brought my camera, I wasn't sure why, but it turned out that I would need it. I first took a picture of the road that has been completely demolished on our street. Not only that, but since they demolished it, they stopped working on it. So they haven't re-layed anything down yet. Just pointlessly sitting there. Just so everyone knows, the roads out here in Milwaukee are horrible and when they fix potholes, they usually wait for a rainy day to fill them in. Yah! Seems a little stupid? Well, we saw it with our own eyes. Let's just say the pothole was back the next day, after the rain had washed the work they had done away.
We are used to it now. So we kept walking and were looking at all the cute stone houses. It started getting a lot darker when Cody points to the house next door and says, "Joce, look at those two cats over there, it's like they're working together to get at something." So I looked to where he was pointing at. My eyes, I thought at first, where deceiving me because I was expecting cats. They were way too big to be cats. That's when I got a glimpse of the striped tails. They were big ole' fat Racoons! Actually scarier in real life I decided. They saw us looking at them when we got closer. They stopped on the lawns right in front of the house both turned and looked at us. No, I should say stared at us, for probably a couple minutes. Cody reminded me I had a camera. I didn't realize when you zoom in, it ruins the flash. So the only picture I could get was this. If you see two sets of shiny eyes, then you have spotted the Racoons. Look to the bottom right.
On Friday night, after all Cody's tests where done, we went and hung out with a couple of friends. We ate Thai food and played Settlers. Really to celebrate being done with the first year! Wahoo! But the best part is, you had to wear a mustache to the party. That is right, a mustache! So Cody, if you notice in the picture at the top, was growing a beard. He had that scruffy thing on for two weeks (which also made him look more disheveled and bonkers). But the point was so he could shave this amazingly grotesque looking mustache for the party. I had to get a picture, because never again (I hope) will he wear something so gross looking on his face.
HA! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWow, nice mustache cody!
ReplyDeleteWhere to start? First, congrats on the baby! Wahoo! Second, nice stache Cody. Our class did "mustache March" and it was pretty gross. We added you to our friends list on our blog: www.teammerkley.blogspot.com. You guys are great. We hope to see you sometime soon!
ReplyDeleteWe were so excited to find your blog! Sounds like life in Milwaukee is good. We hear you two are coming out our way soon. Hopefully we'll be able to get together and say Hi.
ReplyDeleteThat racoon picture is freaking hilarious. And that mustache is indeed frightening!
ReplyDelete