What can I say...I need to catch up on 10 months of our lives. I've been a bit swamped for some reason...and now I'm mad at myself for not staying caught up, because my memories of everything are either blurry or vaguely familiar. I'll do the best I can. This is for my own journaling and family history, so I feel the responsibility to remember events and certain times in my childrens lives.
We'll start with January 1st, 2014
It was a late New Years Eve... We woke up piled up on top of eachother.
January was full of walks.. Because you can do that in Fresno. The sun was exceptionally bright that day...Tal gives that away.
Tristans eczema started clearing up. But his curiosity for my things flared up.
You see we started attaching his binky to his shirts...BAD idea...next child I'm not making that mistake. Even though the binky in his mouth kept other things out i.e. bandaids, bugs, dirt etc.. but to have it so close at hand all the time..was not a smart move because he got way too attached and his teeth were being pushed up and it was putting holes in his clothes.
I got my hair cut again. I was the most happy with this hairstyle then any before it. But I am getting sick of having to do it..at this point it would be nice to pull up into a ponytail.
Not a ton of pictures of Cody because well...he was working a lot in January doing a trauma rotation at CRMC. He has a lot of horrible experiences at work that he comes home and tells me, but I am not supposed to share any of it on my blog, because well ya know....he could get in a lot of trouble if I said the wrong thing. blah blah blah...let's just say work is TUFF, CRUEL and UNFAIR most the time. But on some good days, his LOVE for the operating room and desire to provide for his family always pulls him through.
I started working as an unofficial, non-professional personal trainer to one of my friends out here. I say unprofessional because well, I don't have a degree or certificate and I had her coming to my house where Tristan would dance around us as we worked. I do have SOME knowledge and skill in the exercise department though. I've taken multiple college classes to work towards my exercise science major (although I was 37 credits away from graduating which probably would've meant 3 more semesters ...some day right?) I also have Zumba and Strength Training course certificates. I've also worked at multiple gymns, teaching body conditioning and Zumba, and as a fitness consultant at Curves for the last couple years. It was fun working with my friend here, it brought me back to my working days. I've taken a hiatus since Tristan was 2 months from being born. So a total of 19 months without work (besides my most important job of course being a mommy).
My friend and I worked really great together and she was showing a lot of progress (she had a lot of work to do.. physically and mentally and that's why she needed me). She needed someone to tell her what to do and how to eat. Which is exactly what I am pretty decent at. BUT, she was also pregnant... eek..so our time together would be cut short.. but UPDATE: she re-hired me after baby (and a few other surgeries she needed) and we will be working together again starting in November 2014. It's nice to pull in a few bucks around here...especially knowing how hard Cody works...and how crappily he gets paid (a new complaint for another time maybe).
On to these kids of ours, they sure are something else. You can tell what their personalities are like just by looking at the pictures. Tristan is so quirky and funny. Talmage is silly and goofy. Tristan is 17 months old and Talmage is just over 4 years old and still in his first year of preschool. He has a schedule that is every morning, Monday through Friday from 8:25 am to 11:25 pm. It's a lot of driving and a lot of battling to get him to school in the mornings...but everyday at pick-up he is always so happy and tells me about the fun stuff they did and all the friends he has. So I know it was a good call to put him in the daily program. His teachers are the best to. I hope Mrs Sinaie is still teaching when Tristan is ready for preschool. We will never forget her.
My kids make me laugh every day.
Talmage is (sometimes) really nice to Tristan and plays with him and keeps him entertained...which in turn enertains all of us. In this picture I heard them giggling and pitter pattering around our house and I found them like this. Talmage said, "Look mom, we have girl hair. ha ha ha." He thought it was so funny. So he then tried to pose daintily for me as you can see in the picture.
At this point Talmage just pushes Tristan around on whatever they can find around the house, horses, blankets, boxes, toy cars. I love having two boys. They really play well together and "sometimes" make my life easier.
Tristan is starting to really get good at walking..swings his arms around crazily like a drunkard, and doesn't quite walk in a straight line all the time..but I love his new found independence. The videa may not work. But here's a preview if it does.








No comments:
Post a Comment