Friday, March 29, 2013

Tristan at 6 and 7 Months, and some Talmage.

We have to talk about Tristan for a minute.  This kid is so freaking awesome!  I love him! I love this stage of his life.  I don't know if it is because he's my second child or what, but I feel like because I know what to expect that I also know what to pay attention to and know more what to appreciate.  For example, waking up at night doesn't seem as devastating as it did with Tal.  Being puked on, spit on, pooped on or having my hair ripped out doesn't seem to phase me so much. I mostly focus on the  rolley-polley, gooshy-smooshy,  adorableness that he is instead.  I still worry about Tal beating him up occasionally.  More often then not Tal is super sweet to his little brother.  Tristan more often than not, loves Tal and laughs and giggles at him as much as his mommy and daddy.  Having two definitely comes with its challenges running errands takes FOREVER.  Getting in and out of the car...oh my gosh! Breakfast, lunch and dinner seem to take a couple hours each. Tal has been learning to be a big boy, dressing himself, buckling himself in the car, putting on his shoes, going to the potty, etc.  That leaves me a little more free to take on the chub chubs. I love them though...so much..can't express it very eloquently, but I do I freaking love them!  

I also love my husband...who comes home and takes over and helps me even after a long day of work himself.  Life is good, and occasionally he gets to play some xbox (GOW) with his brothers online all the while spending time with his boys.

Lately we have been taking baths in the sink...so much easier on my back and the boys seem to love it!

This is Tristan at 6 months!
Stats:
Head Circumference: 17 1/4 cm
Length: 26 1/4 inches
Weight: 17lb 6 oz
Making his way up the percentile scale, not too small, not too big...juuuuuuust right. And perfectly happy.



Tal has been such a good boy lately.  He is getting so big.. Some of the things he says crack me up.  I wish I had written down some of them. One of them I do remember was Tal looking at me and saying, "Hey u! Mom! Guess what? I are you biggest fan!"  Have no idea where he heard that, but you can betchya I laughed hard and loved it!



Here is Tristan 6 months and 1 week old: First time learning how to sit up on his own.  Finally!  He is the opposite of Tal when it comes to moving.  He has yet to attempt scooting or crawling or rolling for that matter.  


Yet he is very intelligent, because he teaches him self some very resourceful skills.  He must've gotten sick of waiting for me to pick up his binky every time he dropped it, so he learned how to keep it on him at all times so he wouldn't lose it.  He shoves his thumb in the hole until it suctions onto it.



Getting to be a good little sleeper.  We are at the point where he will maybe wake up once at the most, twice just for a quick shoosh and binky pop. But he tends to sleep for a good10 to 11 hrs straight. Plus his daily 2 or 3 naps.


Hasn't gotten any teeth yet, but he gnaws on everything and drools quite a bit, therefore I think he will pop some soon.


A few weeks ago he learned to hold his own bottles.  Comes in handy. I get much more done these days with this learned skill.



My favorite.  I caught him one day and he had TWO binkies on both thumbs, almost died laughing, had to grab the camera.


2 comments:

  1. Hee. Hee. I love the binkies on the thumbs and Trisdan is getting so big. I need to see those cheeks and give him a big squish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these happy pictures!! Tal in the sink just makes my heart smile, and that little Tristan is all ready too big before I've even seen him... The paci-thumbs are awesome! So fun for all of you!

    ReplyDelete