Thursday, December 6, 2012

PaPa & Grandma DeE


Yes.  That is a Preying Mantis.  We rescued him from the road.  Talmage was a bit scared to get by him in the second picture.  See if you can spot the mantis in the grass by him.


Besides big bugs other fun surprises lately are the daily presents we receive in our yard from a friendly neighborhood dog.  These presents are the same size, shape and in the same spot every day (which is how we came to conclude it is one culprit). We also have two stray cats that have built a home in our yard.  One is a fluffy, black, grey and white one that sleeps by Talmage's club house.  The other one is a dusty grey color and he/she sleeps by the redwood tree.  I constantly see bird feathers on the ground.  Anyone want a cat?  I also think the fluffy one is pregnant, because it looks a little big in the middle.  Anyone want kittens?  Good news is...we don't have rodents! Cody did ask me to bring home some ammo though, so if you want a pet you better hurry and let me know.

Our next visitors came when Tristan was 9 1/2 weeks old.  We got a lovely visit from Papa and Grandma Dee.  They were just a little bit exhausted because they came in a camper and had been "roughen" it for a week before they showed up.  I loved how he grabbed the smallest blanket possible to use.

Once again it was very nice to have visitors, especially ones who love your kids.  Papa played a lot with Talmage and Grandma Dee took over a lot as well.  For the two days they were here, it was pretty relaxing for me.



The weather was perfectly warm so we went to the park to play ball and frisbee.  Tal loves Grandma Dee look at his face.


Tristan was a PERFECT baby the whole time, so I couldn't prove to them that he had colic of course.



Sad attempt at a family photo.  I had about 35 pics to choose from and THIS was the best...how sad.  We didn't get dressed up or anything, but still.


See what I mean?  Happy baby, gotta love it!


Then of course we had to carve some pumpkins it being so close to halloween.  Papa took us to pick some out.  Talmage insisted on carrying his own.


"Papa, hurry! Take it."


"What's this gooey stuff."


"That's something you don't feel every day."


"Now that I think about it, it is kind of disgusting."


So proud!


Me and Deette also got some shopping in while they were here.  I hadn't been shopping for clothes, for myself, in ages.  It was nice to have them here.  Come again...anytime really.


No comments:

Post a Comment