I have the best friends here in Milwaukee. I am truly going to miss these ladies. They were kind enough to throw me a baby shower dinner party, even though it was my second baby and another boy. They had me choose a restaurant. I was craving Mexican at the time and I had heard good things about this little hole in the wall restaurant called Revolucion. I cannot speak for the other ladies, but I really enjoyed the food. The guacamole was delicious and my carne asada burrito was fantastic as well. My only complaint was the service. It is hard for me having been a server, because I always critique the service, but this guy was pathetic. It took forever for him to get us anything, and occasionally we would see him standing in the kitchen munching on chips and chatting with his coworkers, even when we were all looking at him because we needed silverware to eat our food with. Oh well!
As for the fun parts though; I made sure they put no gifts on the evite, because I felt we had most everything we needed for this next boy. So what did these absolutely generous friends of mine go and do anyways? They pulled money and got me a gift card to Target. It just so happens that Cody and I really needed a new crib (considering Talmage was able to rip the side off his old one...it was given to us for free from a coworker...it was old and wasn't safe enough for the new baby). Once we get to Fresno, we are going crib hunting. I am so excited! I have never gotten baby furniture before, because we used Cody's old college desk for a changing table and a small book shelf I found at goodwill for Tal's furniture. Eliza also made me some adorable, cloth bibs and Chali (who is exactly the same amount as pregnant as me) got me some pampering lotions and oils and told me I needed something for myself (she can empathize).
I say thank you to all of you beautiful women. You are all very sweet, I am so lucky to know you. I know there were others who really wanted to be there and couldn't make it, and we missed you too.
It was a fun night and a good way for me to say goodbye one last time to my girlfriends.
| Back Row, L to R: Eliza, Jenny, Me, Kim, Bobbie, Crystal Front Row, L to R: Connie, Shay, Mao, Chali |
Oh man, I'm so sad I missed this one! What a fun night and a fun group.
ReplyDeleteIt was a GREAT evening!
ReplyDelete