Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cody and Talmage

Some new things have happened around here since Valentines.

My darling Cody turned 28 on March 1st.  He is not one for big parties or presents. Birthdays in general don't excite him (well at least not his own birthday).  Not to mention he thinks he is old now.  So this year his Birthday was very low key.  He got some presents from me, Talmage, his mother and father of course, the usual.  He received a plethora of phone calls from family and friends. I also had a bunch of balloons, that I filled up using only whatever lung capacity I had.  (I think it was around 40 balloons...which left me with a horrible headache).  Anyways, at one point they were all over the house.  I also wrote something on each balloon that I loved about Cody.  I also pulled out the old massage table for when he got off his shift (woot woot)  :).  We watched some movies, and ate yummy food and that was about it people.  See...not too exciting.  But you wanna know who was excited?  You guessed it!  Talmage!  He loved the balloons!  We still have them all over the house to keep him entertained.  We filled his crib with only half of them and he loved that too!   



Talmage also had his 15 month check up the other day. For those who are interested, he is 93% for height, 50% head circumference and 65% for weight.  His doc said that he weighs as much as an 18 month old and is as tall as a 20 month old, but his head is average. No wonder he can walk so good, he doesn't have the whole top heavy problem like most other babies at this stage. He has been running now for awhile now. I finally got a little of it on tape. 14 secs (the sound I make at the end is me putting his binky in my mouth and spitting it out.  He loves when we do that).
He brings us both so much joy.  He is such a happy, fun loving baby.  He gives hugs and kisses, he gives high-fives, he claps whenever he shuts a door or puts something away.  If we ask him to go get a book, he runs in his room and comes back out with one, which means his comprehension is getting better.  He points at pictures of people and Jesus on our walls (and even though he can't say them yet) he knows who they are.  He only says mama, dada and uh oh (that one is used a lot).  He is constantly banging himself up, falling and running into things, but he is a toughy and gets up and keeps playing.
Here he is playing after bath time.  He wouldn't flip over for me to put on his diaper.  He stayed on his stomach, so I lotioned his back and gave him a little massage.  He giggled the whole time.  Now he probably thinks he will be getting a massage after each bath.


I love my boys!  

Cody is finishing up his 3rd year (3 more months) and trying to schedule his 4th year.  Which is a ridiculously long and unnecessary process.  We are very much looking forward to next year and all the traveling, interviewing, away rotations, ranking and even the waiting.  I am nuts I know, but I am very eager to begin 4th year.  It is going to be hard and stressful, but looking forward to the change.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog! I love it! Sounds like you guys had fun on Cody's b-day . . . especially Talmage! What a cute boy!!! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is he! i wished we lived closer! maybe one day we will live close to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those birthday balloons were a great idea! I'll have to remember that one for BRian's next bday. Darling pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really reminds me of the Code Man when he himself was YOUNG and Smaller, but never to small. Love to you Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete