Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I made him a hat

I don't consider myself a very skilled crafter, although I do enjoy making things.  We had a super Saturday at our Branch awhile back and I signed up for too many crafts and thus was not able to complete everything I wanted to.  I really wanted to make Talmage a hat out of old t-shirts that I had laying around.  I finally attempted the project (They used this tutorial as a guideline for the earflap hats project at our activity http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2010/08/upcycled-boy-hats.html)

I started following the instructions then eventually just did my own thing.  I added some white snowballs on top.  Double layered the t-shirts for each part of the hat (for extra warmth).  Here is the top.

Reminds me of a golfers hat, I could've stopped there but it wouldn't stay on his head.

 So I sewed my middle section and my bottom section together.  I added my own little grey lining.
Then finally I sewed the top part to the rest of it and wolla!  My first hat and second sewing project attempted.  It is a little big on him but hey, it's a hat!  And it cost me nothing. 



1 comment: