I have! And he is living with me!
Talmage at ELEVEN months.
He is walking (a little like a drunkard, falling all the time, but walking).
He is, for the most part, a happy baby, but still gives me a lot of attitude and is very stubborn. And he thinks it is funny to hit me.
I blame the fact that Cody is gone all the time. Not that Cody can help it!! Cody is in his Surgery rotation for the months of November and December. His schedule looks a little something like this; Get up at 3:30 a.m. Out the door by 4 a.m. Get to the hospital and work, work, work, no time for a break or even food! Finally get home about 8 p.m.( if lucky) sometimes 9 p.m. Once home, eats dinner leftovers and is expected to study or work on assignments. Crashes around 10 p.m. and gets a whopping total of about 5 hours sleep (again...if lucky) and then starts it all over again!!!!
So you see, not by choice is Cody gone all the time, but we do need the male disciplinarian in the home more often. Talmage doesn't listen to me any more, because I am the one who is ALWAYS in his face. He knows what he can get away with. Trust me...he knows when he is doing something that I don't like. Sometimes I feel that he minds other people better than me, his own mother!
| "Ha ha ha Mommy! I got you wrapped around my itty bitty finger. It's my way or the highway!" |
| "It's just you and me for a little while. That's it! I need to start putting my foot down! I don't want my child to turn into a brat." |
I've never had a "wicsonsin brat", but I've had a taste of a couple of "phoenix" ones :). I know some days get long and hard, for both student and wife, in this whole med school experience... but I know you will make it. You are both amazing people! sorry that surgery has to be during Nov. and Dec. that is no fun... I tell you what though, that Talmage is a doll, you can ship him to me anytime!!! We miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove will nrver make him a brat. You gus are sooo cute!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! It may seem like forever, but school will end eventually! Keep being amazing!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that Talmage is ever stubborn! And that he has an attitude?! He must be a good actor for when he's around us, because we think he is the ideal baby! (Well, I guess he's a toddler now that he's walking.)
ReplyDeleteNovember is an awful month for us too. I don't even want to think about John's schedule, although Cody's sounds worse. I don't know how these guys manage on so little sleep, and they hardly ever have time to catch up and compensate for the exhaustion. I wish I could make time fly a little faster-- it's only November 3rd! Come on DECEMBER!!!
what a naughty little boy!
ReplyDelete