So we did the ridiculous, the unthinkable (according to some...hmmhmm Cody) and put up our Christmas tree before Thanksgiving was even over. It was our very first Christmas tree together. Talmage and I were waiting impatiently all day for Cody to get home.
But Cody finally got home...Yea! So we dressed Tal in his Christmas gear and set up our tree. Cody showed Talmage the lights, which he wanted to touch oh, SO badly. Cody wouldn't let him. You let them do it once, then the moment you turn your back the whole tree is in shambles. GOOD POINT!
We put up our first Star.
I was trying to get Tal up close in the action of it all.
We put on our first ornaments. Cody gave in and let Tal touch it.
Then we enjoyed the lights. Father-son bonding. Fill-my-heart-to-overflowing was that moment.
Story of the Silver Ball and the Sneaky Baby
"Hmmm" said the sneaky baby to himself, "What is this? A tree full of beautiful, bright, sparkly, objects and no adults watching me...I must take advantage of the situation. But I must be careful not to get caught."
The sneaky baby checks over his shoulder and scans the room. "I see that they have caught me getting close, I will wait patiently for another chance."
The sneaky baby waits and thinks to himself, "one hippopotamus, two hippopotamus, three... maybe I should just risk it and go for it."
So the sneaky baby clasps the silver ball with his fingertips and replies in what only sounds like baby babbles,"Oh my! This was so worth the wait." The sneaky baby finds himself thinking, "I must try this again at some other time." And thus the sneaky baby has...many times...made contact with his silver ball.
Thanks so much for letting us come visit. We had so much fun! You guys really spoiled us. We would love to get together again!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! That boy is too cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that Talmage is just itching to pull the tree on top of himself!
ReplyDeleteIsn't this season even better when you have a child to spend it with? Kids make Christmas so delightful.